Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-05, 02:32 AM   #1
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich
Default The bait monkey strikes again!

Had to run into Wally World this morning for a couple of things, and took a quick run though the tackle department. Came upon some new baits by Wave Worms-Tiki Lizards in some great colors. I think you know the rest.... ;D
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-05, 02:39 AM   #2
basstard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to basstard
Default Re: The bait monkey strikes again!

lol dont you hate it when that happens
basstard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-05, 05:07 AM   #3
bassbum
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassbum

Haha, Reb. hope you picked up some good stuff My mom and sister think i am nuts, when we go to Walmart, i have to run thru the tackle section

Sandra
bassbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-05, 08:31 AM   #4
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=Rebbasser link=board=MessBoards;num=1109827931;start=0#0 date=03/03/05 at 00:32:11]Had to run into Wally World this morning for a couple of things, and took a quick run though the tackle department. Came upon some new baits by Wave Worms-Tiki Lizards in some great colors. I think you know the rest.... ;D[/quote]

Of course a GREAT CHOICE OF baits 8). I went into Wally world myself yesterday(for a little grocery stuff so I told the wife) Came out with a couple bags of Storm Swim Shad's in Bluegill and Shad colors. I keep looking for the sale where I can buy a Curado for $60 like bassintom. Unfortunately, none of the stores around here seem to have anything on sale in the fishing dept.

Bassintom, wanna get rid of any of those Curado's ;D

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-05, 10:24 AM   #5
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

lizards,did you ask them to check the price?...when i was there the mgr.told me the prices are set at the main office...and the reels are not tagged yet but they could be on sale.that's how i found mine.i might go and buy the 2 or 3 curados that are left at my local wally world.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-05, 10:44 AM   #6
gallenl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gallenl

Tom , your killin me. I have been to 3 wally worlds lookin for this deal on curados. Not to be had.I make the guy in the fishing section scan all of them . All $119.95. I'm telling you this and i'm serious . Go buy me 2 of them, right hand models . you have nothing to lose. "I WILL BUY 2 FOR THAT PRICE" . OK, now i'm beggin' ya.

flippin4it

P.S. At least sell me one and lizards the other..........Please.
gallenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-05, 02:46 PM   #7
Bassmasterjr
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassmasterjr

The monkey is more like a gorilla! Never heard of Wally World but it sounds like a Wal Mart. The Dundee, Mich. Cabela's store is about 25 miles from here. As ya walk in, all the fishin stuff is on the left half of the store. All the huntin' stuff is on the right. The whole place is enormous. Been in the store about a dozen times, but never have been on the right half! Walk in the front doors and the gorilla turns my head left every time.
I'm sure not against huntin but the way I figure, the cost of a new shotgun or rifle buys some nice rods, reels, lures, tackle boxes....
Bassmasterjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-05, 06:36 PM   #8
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

wally world =wal-mart
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-05, 08:52 PM   #9
nb122679
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey Reb,

Did you atleast get what you went into wally world for? Last time you didn't, just wondering.

Haven't seen the tiki lizards yet. Only thing from them that I have seen is the Tiki Stick, Tiki Snake, Tiki Craw, and the Bamboo Sticks. Let us know how they work.

Kevin
nb122679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-05, 10:13 PM   #10
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Will do, Kev-if they are as good as the Tiki Stick I'm really going to like them!

And yes, this time I did remember to get what I went in for. I think ;D
Old 03-07-05, 02:12 PM   #11
RayBob
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to RayBob

Its soooo hard to keep up with all of this new stuff
RayBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-05, 04:23 PM   #12
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

REB,

I think you should go home and spank your monkey!

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-05, 06:21 PM   #13
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

He's in the 500 lb gorilla mode now, Jack-have to ambush him later in the year when he returns to a manageable size ;D
Old 03-07-05, 08:30 PM   #14
hope
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to hope

My Wal-mart don't sell squat! They have the same "junk" they've had since last spring. Worst part is, that stuff ain't even on sale.
hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-05, 08:38 PM   #15
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Kevin,what is a tiki craw look like ?Y'all got a better Walmarts that I got here.They think the fishing dept is where the little goldfish and aquarium fish are sold. ;D P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-05, 09:22 PM   #16
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Here you go, PnJ:

Works great as a jig trailer or T-rigged by itself. That particular color is Burnt Bacon Swirl.
Old 03-07-05, 11:40 PM   #17
Big_Drew
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Big_Drew

This is not a rant, just a question, and I'm thinking I must be spoiled here, but; Is Wal-mart the only place you all have to go to get fishing gear? Do you all not have at least some independent retailers in your
area(s)? Just curious.
Big_Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-05, 11:50 PM   #18
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Nope, it is just one of the ones close to pretty much everyone. Â*We have a chain called Academy Sports and Outdoors here that carrys a pretty big selection, and both a Cabelas and BassPro is opening in the next year.

A lot of the stuff I use I get off the net-I can't find it locally. Being in Independence I'd say you are spoiled ;D
Old 03-08-05, 12:10 AM   #19
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

wally world is just a close store near me that i can go to on a week night if i need to get some things. i dont go there for big time spending because the wally world near me doesnt have a big selection. i have a bps about 30 minutes away from me so thats where i go when im ready to really stock up. but going there is more of a weekend thing. the only other place near me thats got a good selection is sports authority. o ya, i have to check out bitters bait and tackle. that might be a good place
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-05, 09:03 AM   #20
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=basstech link=board=MessBoards;num=1109827931;start=0#16 date=03/07/05 at 21:40:41]This is not a rant, just a question, and I'm thinking I must be spoiled here, but; Is Wal-mart the only place you all have to go to get fishing gear? Do you all not have at least some independent retailers in your
area(s)? Just curious. [/quote]

As Reb stated Wally World's are everywhere. I know it's also more of a regional thing on what they sell. Here in Indiana we have what used to be Galyan's now is Dick's. I do have an attitude about Dick's, because the quality the sell is a lot inferior to what Galyan's had. We also have a Gander mountain, about 1 hr from me. Me and Creekgeek keep our fingers and toes crossed, that Cablela's or BPS will open 1 day. Otherwise they are building a bBPS on the Indiana/Kentucky border. That however is about a 3 hour drive to get to for me. So I order a lot of stuff on line. Walmart is convenient and they do carry the Line, and a few Plastics I like. They also have a limited, but not bad selection of cranks. I will go the the BPS in St Louis, since I have family living there that I see 2-3 times a year, plus we (Dad, brother, brother in-law, myself)go hunting every fall there for Pheasants/Quail/Chucker at a preserve. It's definately not the top of my list, but when you are limited to what you have access to, you have to make do.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-05, 10:39 AM   #21
danrw84
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to danrw84
Default < Re: The bait monkey strikes again!

Yep, I still have my fingers crossed that BPS will be coming to the south side of Indy.

I did discover a new thing at Wally World. Our store has a huge clearance aisle that I never knew about. It's in the middle of the store and they put everthing there, including fishing tackle and baits. My wife pointed it out to me the other night and I picked up some YUM zellamanders for $2.00 ($1.00 less than normal). I thought the only clearance aisle was in the sports section but NOOOO. I missed out on some good deals on hooks and other plastics. They're getting sneaky on us!!!
danrw84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-05, 04:41 PM   #22
United_Bass_._Com
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to United_Bass_._Com

Quote:
Otherwise they are building a bBPS on the Indiana/Kentucky border. That however is about a 3 hour drive to get to for me.
Isnt that one suppose to be open by this summer? Thats about a 2 hr drive for me. I can go south to Nashville or north to Louisville its the same amount of driving either way.
United_Bass_._Com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-05, 05:54 PM   #23
bassmaster1983
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmaster1983

Here where I live you can blindfold me and put me in the fishing isles of any wally world and I will pick out any bait they have. They are all set up the same. I did get two curados for $69.00 yesterday. I know Tom said they were on sale but just not everywhere. I didn't want to wait to see if they came down in price any further. I think he said in a previous post $40.00. I would have shot myself if I waited and they were gone. They still have the one on display and a bunch of other brands but the bait monkey is put away for a long while now.

Bob
bassmaster1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-05, 06:38 PM   #24
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Basstech, I have a bass pro shop an hour and 15 minutes away ,but quite frankly it sucks.The store has an awesome archery and hunting shop but the fishing is basically salmon, catfish,panfish oriented.Oh you have a basic selection of bass gear but everything I use I have to catalog order or order online to get it.I have my brother in law send it from the Concorde NC bass pro shop alot also.P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-05, 07:32 PM   #25
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

Wally World is just a nearby store that I can get spinnerbaits and hooks for pretty cheap. However I shop for almost all of my soft plastics at Bitter's bait and tackle. Its owned by Jim Bitter's brother and has a bigger variety of soft plastics than BPS.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.