Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Old 09-06-11, 04:56 PM   #1
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Question Lake Nockamixon

Bumped into a fellow member on here that fishes the same lake I do, and was wondering if there is anyone else out in BassFishin.com land that fishes this South-eastern PA lake? It's known locally as "Lake No-catch-amixon" or the "Dead Sea", but has a good quality and numbers of fish, just very difficult to figure out, plus because of it's location gets lots of pressure, not to mention it's horsepower restricted.
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 05:07 PM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Been there twice, and I concur with the opinion - it's the DEAD SEA. The thing I really didn't like, is the HP restriction. 25 HP outboards are ok, but that hurts a lot of individuals with bigger outboards that are restricted to electric trolling motors. The lake is pretty big and electric motors limit where you can go especially during a tournament. If the lake was "NO WAKE" we could all enjoy it on a more even field. Just a shining example (IMO) that those that make the rules - haven't got a clue.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 05:18 PM   #3
Dogmatic

Tell me about it! Know how hard it is to find a 20 hp outboard for your boat around here! I got a good deal on a 16.5 Nitro, but it came with, a relatively small, 40 hp, and a under-sized trolling motor, that just doesn't fit the lake. Searched for months trying to find a remote drive 20 hp for it...so anyone out there have a 20hp? LOL. I end up fishing out of my 14' grumman w/ a 9.9 hp, a decent bow mount trolling motor, and a lot of customization.
Old 09-06-11, 10:00 PM   #4
bigbasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigbasser
Default nockamixon

Hawghunters 4 buddy tournaments with a 4 fish limit have had an average winning weight of 16lbs+. Their next one is Sept 25th, their web site is ( www.hhbm.org ) for more info. bigbasser
bigbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 04:24 AM   #5
Dogmatic

Thanks, I know of the tourney's and the Hawghunter's club, now I know not to go fishing on Sunday the 25th...LOL.
Old 09-07-11, 10:37 AM   #6
bigbasser

Default nockamixon

Actually Dog if you want to learn more about the lake it would be a good day to scout where guys fish and check out later why they're fishing in those area's. There's a lot of good info at ( www.epfr.net ) on eastern Pa waters. If nothing else come to the weigh-in and see what's caught. bigbasser
Old 09-07-11, 10:47 AM   #7
Dogmatic

Hmmm...good idea, now who do I shadow??? Better get my Binos out, LOL. You think guys would get p.o.'ed if you just followed them around?
Old 09-07-11, 01:55 PM   #8
bigbasser

Default ???

I didn't say follow anybody. What I said is ride around and see what area's people are fishing and and go back on a different day and see if you can learn why they fished that area. It will help you learn the lake a lot quicker.
Old 09-07-11, 04:32 PM   #9
PAfisher76
BassFishin.Com Member

I have fished there a few times from shore with no luck.I haven't taken my boat yet because I have a 40hp, but I have heard of some large bass coming out of there.
PAfisher76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 05:22 PM   #10
jig fisherman

I fish there too, and every lake seems dead until you figure it, which you can never do completely. It seems to me that just when you think you have a good pattern going there its gone.
jig fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 07:52 PM   #11
Dogmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jig fisherman View Post
I fish there too, and every lake seems dead until you figure it, which you can never do completely. It seems to me that just when you think you have a good pattern going there its gone.
This, I have to agree with. But it's not like all lakes don't have the same change in patterns. It's why I now never head to The Nock( I fish it at least three times a week), without at least six rods rigged. I just nailed a 4+ lb'er this morning(The only fish I caught) on a x-rap that I just happened to have rigged from a previous outing on another body of water, and was too lazy to switch up after I had exhausted all my other options.
@bigbasser, don't pros have people follow them around? I am really just joking about this. I would, to be perfectly honest, never head to the lake on a tournament day, there's already too much traffic.
Old 09-09-11, 08:24 PM   #12
jig fisherman

Yes, that is true, and i would have that many rods too if i could, it certainly makes it easier
Old 09-10-11, 11:28 PM   #13
Dogmatic

this puppy came out of The Nock this evening... ...red shad senko, t-rigged weightless, out of three mile.
Old 12-07-11, 05:53 PM   #14
jig fisherman

Favorite pictures from 2011 at Nockamixon

Old 12-07-11, 06:38 PM   #15
Dogmatic

Is that a swimbait hanging out of that last LM? A tru tungsten, spro, or maybe a bull shad? All killer fish though, way to go! Over and over I tell people there are 5lb.+ smallies, and 10lb+LM(I have seen the state record follow my swimbait) in here, just gotta fish it. We should hook up some time after ice out(although I still fish at least once a week).
Old 12-07-11, 08:06 PM   #16
jig fisherman

It was a tru tungsten 5 inch, and sounds good to me, I get my license in March.
Old 12-23-11, 12:18 PM   #17
mdcamp3
BassFishin.Com Member

I just joined and live in the Easton Area. I have not fished Nockamixon as I would only be able to use my electric motor and not outboard. I primarily fish Beltzville, Blue Marsh, and the Pack. I'm interested in fishing Nockamixon next year. What would be the best launch site? Any areas of interest to explore would be helpful as well (I'm not asking for any honey holes.)
mdcamp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 04:20 PM   #18
jig fisherman

I like Tohickon, its fairly centrally located and near my favorite areas.
Old 01-12-12, 10:13 PM   #19
Dogmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdcamp3 View Post
I just joined and live in the Easton Area. I have not fished Nockamixon as I would only be able to use my electric motor and not outboard. I primarily fish Beltzville, Blue Marsh, and the Pack. I'm interested in fishing Nockamixon next year. What would be the best launch site? Any areas of interest to explore would be helpful as well (I'm not asking for any honey holes.)
3 mile, and Haycock launches are the least crowded, and "handicapped" with electric only, have the most areas with good fishing easily accessible, or within reasonable trolling distance(I see a lot of guys do it w/o any problems). As for spots, too numerous to mention, but the bluffs, and dam area(point) are excellent areas, plus there are tons of coves, and out of Haycock, the bay(North of the launch) is very productive in spring if it hasn't rained too much. Good Luck. See ya on the water.
Old 01-13-12, 11:30 AM   #20
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

To heck with the tourney fishermen, you need to follow Jig around!
Those are some impressive fish!
Old 01-15-12, 11:41 PM   #21
Dogmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
To heck with the tourney fishermen, you need to follow Jig around!
Those are some impressive fish!

Oh, you're not kiddin'! I plan a date with that kid!
Old 03-15-12, 05:02 AM   #22
Dogmatic

First SM for 2012, 3.5 lbs. and 20 in. was a little skinny...South side bluffs, on a Live Target Lipless Crank.

Old 03-15-12, 05:25 AM   #23
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Skinny or not that's a handsome fish! He looks almost black. WTG
Old 03-26-12, 03:25 PM   #24
jig fisherman

Went on the 24 for the first time this season. Water temp was 57 and clarity was 2-3 feet. All fish came from the Hayock arm on spinnerbaits. My friend(toppwatr) got the first two, both were about 2 lbs. I got the next two when I finally switched to a spinnerbait.
4 lb. 9 oz.

About 2.75-3 lbs. this fish was fat and had a small head, although the picture doesnt show it that well.

This was also my first time using fluorocarbon-P-line Halo 15 lb. It took a little getting used to but was managable and easy to use even without any line conditioner.
Old 03-26-12, 05:29 PM   #25
toppwatr

My fish had to be at least 6 pounds each. hahahahaThat last one had to be 3, it looked like it just swallowed a bowling ball. That was a fun day. Next time we shouldn't leave biting fish. Now we know....
toppwatr is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.