Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-09, 03:59 PM   #1
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default my one and only bait monkey payment

Off today from work, and finally bit the bullet and paid the Bait Monkey my one and only payment for the preseason. With shipping I'm officially $275 lighter in my wallet. It's all plastics, line, and tackle. Not one hard lure in the lot. This stuff sure does add up fast.
Old 01-29-09, 04:01 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

sounds like a great day off to me. that might keep him off your back for a little while but he will be back.
Old 01-29-09, 04:13 PM   #3
JB

wtg!
the only way it will be a better day is when the packages arrive!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 04:36 PM   #4
Raul
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Off today from work, and finally bit the bullet and paid the Bait Monkey my one and only payment for the preseason. With shipping I'm officially $275 lighter in my wallet. It's all plastics, line, and tackle. Not one hard lure in the lot. This stuff sure does add up fast.
Notice, he said preseason, that mean he and the BaitMonkey are gonna do a lot of business during the season.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 04:59 PM   #5
Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Notice, he said preseason, that mean he and the BaitMonkey are gonna do a lot of business during the season.
I started my needs list the day after the season ended mid December. Been over and over it with a fine tooth comb. Got it down by 50%, so I think I did pretty well.

Went through my crankbaits and I could use a few more backups just in case, but I can get them at Dicks locally when they finish their restock.
Old 01-29-09, 05:01 PM   #6
bcklash

Yea Raul, sounds like he's got a date with the bait monkey all planned out.
Old 01-29-09, 05:23 PM   #7
cassidyta

i am proud of myself. I made my one and only January 29, 2009 payment today. Tomorrow however is another day
Old 01-29-09, 06:41 PM   #8
Bassboss

Nice! Sounds like you had a good time! How many plastics did you get?
Old 01-29-09, 07:34 PM   #9
bigbasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigbasser
Default bait monkey??

I'm waiting for Wacky Worm's spring sale in March, then look out.
bigbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 08:18 PM   #10
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

The baitmonkey has definately hit me hard, and it's only almost february.

A new Skeet Reese Revo, a small $80 dollar shoopping spree at BPS, which was 98% crankbaits, a new rod for the Reese (have'nt picked one out yet), some plastics, and not to mention, all the materials for making my jigs. Man, i'm gonna need about 4 jobs to deal with the monkey this spring.

BB
Old 01-29-09, 09:07 PM   #11
abu4600
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Good job, but the monkey will be back for more.
abu4600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 09:31 PM   #12
woody

Gang, don't forget about Joel's earlier run in with the BoatMonkey, this monkey makes you pay BIG!

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-09, 09:42 AM   #13
Joel

Update: Just thought of two items I left off my list and online BPS puchase. So I had to start another list. I'm hoping that that's it until the season actually starts. Comparing my two lists to what's needed in my tackle bag both replacement and new. This should do it with some extras. I've even bought a new Banana boat SP50 Sports suntan lotion.

I'm now starting phase 2 of my off season routine; Tearing down, cleaning and lubing, my reels.

Working the late grave yard shift tonight at my store to have the floor repaired, so just might start today.
Old 01-30-09, 09:50 AM   #14
BigBassin144

I guess you spoke too soon. The monkey has the ability to make you forget one thing at the store. Then guess, what... yep, you have to go back. evil little SOB, Ain't he.

BB
Old 01-30-09, 12:43 PM   #15
Raul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I guess you spoke too soon. The monkey has the ability to make you forget one thing at the store. Then guess, what... yep, you have to go back. evil little SOB, Ain't he.

BB
Yup, thatīs my story and Iīm sticking with it, he made me forget I needed ( and here the word need is used to itīs fullest extent and in reality ) a pack of 5/0 EWG hooks, a couple of weeks went by until I was about to rig a bait and ...... godam ! I donīt have 5/0 hooks , later in the week I went to purchased them hooks and ........ godam x2 ! HE made me blow another extra 50 bones in stuff , guess what ? now I need a spool of 8 lb test line which BTW I forgot to include in those 50 bones worth of stuff.

The never ending story.
Old 01-30-09, 12:54 PM   #16
doc

I've had so many packages coming to the house this off season the wife cant even keep up anymore. It started innocent enough. A new reel (revo), then a rod (a gold carrot stix and damn what a rod) and a few baits. Well some of the baits were not in stock so they backordered them. In the mean time I needed some line, low needed some line, I had to have a wiggle wog, the kid needed a reel, I needed some tru tungsten swimbaits, then ragetails.

At this point I've just completely "shock and awe'd" the wife into believing that everything that keeps showing up was part of that first origional order.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-09, 01:16 PM   #17
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
I've had so many packages coming to the house this off season the wife cant even keep up anymore. It started innocent enough. A new reel (revo), then a rod (a gold carrot stix and damn what a rod) and a few baits. Well some of the baits were not in stock so they backordered them. In the mean time I needed some line, low needed some line, I had to have a wiggle wog, the kid needed a reel, I needed some tru tungsten swimbaits, then ragetails.

At this point I've just completely "shock and awe'd" the wife into believing that everything that keeps showing up was part of that first origional order.
Now that's funny. But hey, if it works, use it.

"Yeah hunny, they've still got about a dozen more things backorder. They have trouble keeping stuf fin stock."

BB
Old 01-30-09, 01:28 PM   #18
Joel

Just reread my BPS confirmation. Looks like 3 out of the 4 Anaconda worms, the sinker pegs, & some of the Space Monkeys are out of stock. This is the 1st time I've actually had to deal with out of stocks. While I know that they don't charge your credit card till they ship, I paid for all my purchases with gift cards that I bought at my store. So what happens if the items aren't in stock within the 30 days they ask for to restock then ship?
Old 01-30-09, 02:15 PM   #19
Raul

Iīd cancel them, it may take 3 days, 3 weeks or 3 months before those backorder items are shipped to you, if after a certain period of time the items arenīt shipped you get credit for them.
Old 01-30-09, 02:22 PM   #20
Joel

I emailed Customer service and asked exactly what happens after the 30 days they ask for to replenish the back ordered merchandise. Got an auto generated email back saying a real person would respond within 24 hours. I'm assuming that since I paid for them with BPS gift cards, then I'll end up with credit towards one of the cards. On the other hand all the items except the sinker stops are the hot new Rage series from Strike King. I can't imagine that they would allow their bins to be empty heading into the season as that must be their 2nd busiest time after Christmas.
Old 01-30-09, 02:45 PM   #21
aikenyounggun

If he got you that good in preseason... wait 'till the season. Watch out the bait monkey is lurking.
aikenyounggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-09, 06:50 PM   #22
bamabassman

<<<<<<<< saving again fo dat dang ol monkey...gonna get me some more of kory's jigs as well as bb's jigs. he broke me for a few weeks.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-09, 10:44 AM   #23
CMorg

My bait monkey has been going old school on me , I have spent over 150.00 in just one week on old bagley lures , I got 9 fat cats , 2 mama cats , db 1's , 2's , and 3's now , and an ET extra tasty..
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-09, 11:43 AM   #24
JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
I emailed Customer service and asked exactly what happens after the 30 days they ask for to replenish the back ordered merchandise. Got an auto generated email back saying a real person would respond within 24 hours. I'm assuming that since I paid for them with BPS gift cards, then I'll end up with credit towards one of the cards. On the other hand all the items except the sinker stops are the hot new Rage series from Strike King. I can't imagine that they would allow their bins to be empty heading into the season as that must be their 2nd busiest time after Christmas.
we ordered some stuff a few months ago and called wed.
still hadnt had them , and they claimed they were on backorder, but shipped on the 27th; Yesterday the package finally arrived.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-09, 12:22 PM   #25
Joel

I got a email from a real person at customer service. All the Strike King Anacondas are due in by the middle of Feb. If they don't come in by the end of Feb I can cancel them and they will issue me another gift card. Which is something I don't need nor want. I bought the gift cards for cash so I didn't have to use one of our credit cards. That's the last time I'll go that route, as I never thought about out of stocks and back orders. While the cost of the back orders is onLY $35, I can't use the card any other place to get the Anacondas I want, so I'll have to spend more money and just keep the gift card for another use.

Some how I think that all of this is the work of that diabolical creature: THE BAIT MONKEY

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.