Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-05, 08:34 PM   #1
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva
Default wally world sale

was talking to the sporting goods dept.head today.she said they should be starting their clearance sale soon.i picked up a curado cu200 for $60.and a daiwa mf150i for $40.
hear you guys talking about the curado,so i figured for that price i can't go wrong.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-05, 08:36 PM   #2
gallenl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gallenl
Default Re: wally world sale

Man that was a score on the curado,I have not seen one that cheap in years........thats half off.

flippin4it
gallenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-05, 08:39 PM   #3
gallenl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gallenl

I'd buy 2 of them if they are on sale here,i should have you go buy them for me,please please......

flippin4it

P.S. i'm serious.......if they are right hand models
gallenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-05, 08:47 PM   #4
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

they only had one. :-/
Old 02-19-05, 12:32 AM   #5
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

They have started some of their clearances here at the Wally Worlds where I live. Picked me up a Rhino Baitcaster the other day. Original price was 39.00, got it for 13.00. I used the very next day, and I love it. Still doesn't rank up there with a Curado though. I'll have to keep looking to see what else they put out.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-05, 12:36 AM   #6
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

ask them.the curado was marked $79.i asked them to give me a price.came up as $60.
they haven't changed the tags on everything yet.i'm going to the WW in the other direction from my house.
see what they have.
Old 02-19-05, 08:17 AM   #7
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Tommy,Thats a good price for the shimano. They couldn't have named them reels any better. The Rednecks translation is Shhh man o man the ol' lady will kill me if she knew how much it cost. Â*;D Â*;D ;D The Daiwa is on sale at gander mountain here for $19.99, the same price as the Quantum Pulse reel was. P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 07:54 PM   #8
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

picked up another curado at a diff.wally world.$69..they were marked 119 and change..had the cashier check the price.got a quantum 1310mg for $21.have to give the 1310 a try...zook swears by them so.... :-/ ;D
Old 02-24-05, 10:28 PM   #9
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

They are starting. I went into WalMart the other day to get a road map. I walked out without the map, but I did get 10 crankbaits they were clearing out. Dang bait monkey ;D!
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-05, 10:31 PM   #10
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

So good to know that Im not the only one who goes to wally world for a loaf of bread, gallon of milk, eggs and comes home with half the list and 10 new baits. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-05, 12:03 AM   #11
bassmaster1983
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmaster1983

Went to my Wall-mart today. Got 2 of those cheap china graphite rods to use as back ups for $3.50 each, one spinning one baitcasting, one browing spinning for $19 and 2 spools fo power-pro for $5 each, and one spool Youzri-hybrid 600yards for $7. I asked the lady about the curado-she said they aren't on sale. She told me some guy came in this morning and bought all the ambassador baitcasters. I did remember the Boboli pizza shells too. I will try 2 more wally worlds close to me tomorrow. Hope everything isn't picked over yet.

Bob
bassmaster1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-05, 05:46 PM   #12
bama_bassin_buds
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bama_bassin_buds

I love to go the wally world (I travel a lot). I've found 3X baits any where from $.10. $.25, to $.50 a pack. I now have a tackle box full. I'm still waiting to walk in and find reels on sale. Missed out on $15 Ambassaduer's 5000 and 5500s last year by two days (inventory reduction)
bama_bassin_buds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-05, 10:27 PM   #13
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

well i went in there the other day and they were starting to restock. so i dont know when they are going to start there sale.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-05, 09:21 AM   #14
nb122679
BassFishin.Com Member

I have been going by various walmarts here in my area. As far a lures go, I have only caught a few bags of strike king tubes on sale for 50 cents a piece, and some brush hogs and centipedes for $1.00 a bag. The best thing for me so far is the Mustad ultra point hook with the bait holder on them for 75 cents a piece. They were 3/0 hooks.
They aren't on sale, but I have been buying the quantum worm bags for $4.86. They hold 10 bag of soft plastics. I thought this was a very good deal.
I have been to about 4 or 5 different walmarts in the area, just to see what they got. Whats on clearance at one might not be at the other and vice versa.

nb122679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-05, 11:23 AM   #15
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

I got a decent Shakespere Baitcaster combo the other day at Wally World for $27.00. Not a great outfit, but it will do for me to teach my "rent a kid" to cast with a baitcaster. The rod will make a good rattle-trap or crankbait rod, but it's too long for the "rent a kid". He's only 4 1/2 feet tall.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-05, 09:25 PM   #16
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

went back to walmart today.they had 3 curados left.i asked the guy to check if they were still $69.he checked it says no,they are $49 now!...i bought all 3...and he said if i bring the reciept for the $69 reel,they'll give me $20 back.picked up a fenwick venture b/c rod for $9. ;D
Old 03-03-05, 09:43 PM   #17
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

i heard that tommy... actually i have the inside track on wally world's sales. i just do the sonly thing and call my mom -she works there-on sale plus 10%employee discount. glad she aint got a bait monkey....

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-05, 10:25 PM   #18
Basser
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Basser

just bought a quantum accurist pc for $55! i didnt need it but for that price i couldnt pass it up!
Basser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 02:35 PM   #19
bassmaster1983
BassFishin.Com Member

Zooker, Would you please ask your mom if she could find out why all the stores don't have the curado's on sale. I've checked 4 of them here in western PA. They all say no they aren't on sale. I had one guy run a price check and he said they weren't on sale. Thanks

Bob
Old 03-04-05, 03:33 PM   #20
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=bassinbob link=board=MessBoards;num=1108769687;start=0#18 date=03/04/05 at 12:35:28]Zooker, Would you please ask your mom if she could find out why all the stores don't have the curado's on sale. I've checked 4 of them here in western PA. They all say no they aren't on sale. I had one guy run a price check and he said they weren't on sale. Thanks

Bob[/quote]

It's got to be a regional thing. I also checked 2 here in Indidana and got the same response you did, one guy actually chuckled at me.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 04:30 PM   #21
wish_for_fish
BassFishin.Com Member

Same here, I had them scan the reels and they're all regular price. Â*They looked at me like I was crazy. Â*But they have red tagged stren fishing line, some hooks, and a berkley line stripper for 2 dollars. Â*I picked up a spare line stripper to keep in the boat, but I don't use stren and they were not the kind of hooks I use. Â*I went back for another line stripper for a friend and they were all gone.
wish_for_fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 05:44 PM   #22
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

tom if ya ever want to get rid of the mg just say the word... will pay 21 bucks plus shipping.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 01:23 AM   #23
bassmaster1983
BassFishin.Com Member

Went to another wally world. Asked the guy to scan a curado, he did. No discount. Told him about the ones who were discounting. He said it was up to the individual store to discount or discontinue. O well, I'll keep the bait monkey locked up for a while.

Bob
Old 03-05-05, 04:13 PM   #24
housework101
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to housework101

My local store had daiwa v103hi reels for $39.00 a couple weeks ago,very nice reels maybe not $119.00 nice like regular price but for $39.00 I bought three.
The Curado's were not on sale at this store either.
housework101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-05, 11:02 PM   #25
bassmaster1983
BassFishin.Com Member

Guess what? I found a store with curados priced at $60.00. Didn't have any money with me...They have 3 left. Two in boxes and one on display. I asked the guy behind the counter if he could hide them in the back. He was sorry but he couldn't.. I hope they are still there tomorrow. They had Diawa's, Quantum, Ambassaduers.
And a bunch of spinning reels also. Seems like nobody fishes around that town. Tomorrow is going to be a long day until I get there. Maybe the reason this wally world is selling them is because about a half mile up the road they are building a super wally world.

Bob

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.