Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-05, 12:24 PM   #1
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy
Default Personnel best today

WE hit the Richmond reservoir at 5:30 this morning and cut across to some good looking points, water temp was 72 , air temp was 59.
After yesterdays post about spinner baits, and one poster claiming that big fish dont hit them, made me think, I had a Ky. Lake chartreuse double willow blade with painted blades , white and some chartreuse, with a black eye on the big blade as I described yesterday in a post.
I put a new skirt on it, and a 3 inch lemon chafon grub from Kalin on it, and started throwing it.
Denny and I had worked about 100 yards of shoreline, the water was almost choc. milk colored due to the rain.
Super murky..
We had the boat out about 25 ft and throwing top waters for a few minutes and then finally switched to the spinner bait,
I got bite! At first I thought I was hung up, I raised the rod straight up again and really pulled hard, this time my line streaked to the right and off she went!
I knew I had a big one on....
Well she fought and went around the back of Denny's boat, we had the motor pulled up , I got a good look at here and creamed my jeans..
She fought for what seemed forever, I yelled at denny to get the net, he dug one out , now I had to keep playing it, side to side, a few more dives, the entire time I was thinking "Ya know this is the same junk 10lb test you were *****ing about last week" lol...but it held tight!
I finally was able to direct her towards the net and Denny got it, almost yelled Jesus F/n christ when I saw her..
I knew she was over 8 lbs..
I had caught a 7 and many 6 or 5's and had weighed many at tourneys, I knew this was going to be my best ever after 24 years of bass fishing..
We got the golden rule and I measured 22 inches long, and 17.2 around..it was the fattest bass I had ever seen, certainly not the longest, but I got to wondering how big she could have been with eggs during the spawn...
Well , I almost always carry a digital camera with me,
last time I left it in Denny's rod locker, so this time I didn't think we'd need it ..WRONG! lol
We tried to put it in the live well but due to a partition it wouldn't fit, plus I swore years ago I'd never mount one.
The dang lower jaw lip on this fish was a good 5/8 inch
wide, and the bass's color was extremely light, white with some green.
The reservoir is about 29 feet and we were in probably 12 feet..it came out of the deep ..
Caught another on the same spinner and one more chubby one on the DD22.. but by 11 we were hungry and come home
MAN I LOVE BASS FISHING
(still have wood ) lol
JB
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.