Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-05, 11:04 PM   #1
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16
Default JB

JB, I just got back from buying local jigs from my freind who is going to show me my pattern was wrong for the season.I have been fishing 7-12 ft of water following the weededges fishing inside and out of the outside weed edge. He says that you need to go 1-4 ft. of water for the bigger fish.Any way we are going back to the lake tomorrow. I can take his word for it , He has helped me more in the last two years we have fished together than anyone else has.He has fished as a pro on the Bass trail ,but now he earns a living locally fishing tournaments because he wants to be with his children while they are growing up.Ocassionally He can be beaten ,but rarely is he ever on the wrong patterns.He did say I was about 3 weeks too early for the pattern I am fishing.I hope this helps. P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 07:57 AM   #2
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy
Default Re: JB

Thanks PNJ!
Good to hear that.
All of our fish this last week have been shallow
But I really like hearing this theory of his / yours
it good to reinforce what is happening out there, for the most part.
As you know they migrate back and forth , up an down the drops looking for bait fish,
I am thinking that all the minnows that have hatched are still near the edges, and the bass come up to the flats to see whats available.
I got some more jigheads and craws last night, so I"ll let ya know whats going on in our corner of the world lol
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.