Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-05, 08:26 PM   #1
basstech
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default de-ja-vu or whatever

Same thing as before w/ the golf lake bass. I saw them again today. About the same cloudy conditions...this time it was windy as hell. I could not get a good angle on them because of the wind and using a baitcaster against wind is like building a bird's nest. :-/ . So i ventured a little around the golf course. It was a long walk but i found a really isolated spot out of the wind. Fallen trees in the water and everything. I saw a huge bed so i casted to it. I caught a bass about 2.5 lbs. Casted back again and caught one about ...1.5 lbs. But down the shore i saw almost the same situation as the first bed that i've been talking about for a few days. This bed had 2 big bass like the last one. So i casted to it.....and felt something bite....so i set the hook....and found out there was a little 1 lber there cuz that's the one i caught. I still saw the two huge shadows though so i tried and tried for like a half hour until i just got really frustrated at them not biting. But man i need to figure out those damn bedding bass and what they want there. I might castnet in my neighborhood for some shiners and bluegill and them bring them there and try those.
Old 03-16-05, 08:29 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: de-ja-vu or whatever

what were u using? and were u qieut when walking up to the pond? best thing to do is not let the bass see u, so u shouldnt be able to see them either.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-05, 08:35 PM   #3
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

There are a number of things it can be. Â*If they're getting a lot of pressure, they may not be biting cause they've seen too many lures. Â*Downsizing and fishing slow is usually an effective way to catch them. Â*Try small spinnebaits/flukes/senkos and see what happens.
Â* Â*Also it may be that the bass do not feel that their bed is seriously threatened by your lure. Â*Often when they see a worm or fluke go by, they just ignore it seeing it as small enough to where they don't have to worry about it. Â*To catch fish, get a big ol' 8" swim bait and fish it through the bed. Â*This larger lure definitely will make the bass feel that its bed is seriously threatened. Â*If you're able to set the hook witha Â*swimbait,great. Â*But keep a lird/worm/senko/whatever around so you can set the hook properly, cause the Â*bass is going to be so wriled up after seein the swimbait that it will strike anything that goes by.
Â*Thirdly it could be that you are getting too close to the beds and the bass see you and then don't bite. Â*Stand about 60ft away from where you know the bed is and throw wahtever you're using. Â*By doing this you don't spook the fish, because during the spawn they are extremely easy to. Â*Hope this helped.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-05, 09:10 PM   #4
basstech

Yeah....i should try just not getting close enough to see them. It is hard to swim stuff by because of the grass right next to the bed. And the bed doesn't go any farther out to the lake than the grass does so i have to cast almost directly on the bed. I don't think by swimming it by is close enough for them to strike. I hope you can understand what i'm saying. I'm gonna try drawing a picture on paintbrush and putting it in here.
Old 03-16-05, 09:17 PM   #5
basstech

alright...i'm having problems putting in the picture...after u click on "insert image" how do i bring a picture from paintbrush into between the [img][/img] things

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.