Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-04, 08:55 AM   #1
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Epsom Lake(my coal pit)

Well the steady weather for the last few days finally got some of the fish up in the flats and feeding. The Jitterbug Ruled the day with 5 LM caught on it, also all were over 14", the biggest being 18.5". I caught 3 others on the old Black Lizards. I started fishing a 445am and caught 2 nice keepers b4 the sun even came up, and no moon, man was it dark ;D. Anyway I quit about 11am, had to get home to the yard work and the honey do list : Anyone know how to keep your grass from growing without killing it all ??? Had a great time, of course no one else was on the lake since it was Monday ;D

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-04, 11:21 AM   #2
uk03
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to uk03
Default Re: Epsom Lake(my coal pit)

I always like it when no one else is on the lake, its' nice and peaceful! Were you fishing your lizards weightless?
uk03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-04, 09:01 PM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=Tony link=board=Reports;num=1093348506;start=0#1 date=08/24/04 at 10:21:05]I always like it when no one else is on the lake, its' nice and peaceful! Were you fishing your lizards weightless?[/quote]

Of course ;D Weightless gives them the best action IMO. But man I gotta say, even if I didn't catch any on the Lizards I wouldn't have cared. When the TOPWATER Jitterbug bite is working to me that is as good as it gets ;D

Lizards
Old 09-04-04, 09:20 PM   #4
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D WOW ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Heres the deal Decided at 930pm last night I'm going to the pit in the morning. So I get loaded and ready and get to bed at 11:30pm, and get up at 2:30am. I drive to the lake in fog with sometimes visibility of 1 foot, takes me 2hrs to get there instead of the 1.5 hrs normally. I get on the water and make my first cast at 5:15am with my Jitterbug, nothing hits, but on the second cast I get a dink to load up on it. ;D I decided to go to one of the flats, and by 6:30 am had caught 6 more on the Jitterbug, with 1 dink, 2 4lb+, 2 3lb+, and 1 1.5lb. I then ran to another flat, and the Jitterbug wasn't working, so I started throwing a Zoom 6" Lizard, t-rigged weightless. I caught my biggest bass of the day at just at 5lb's. I went on to catch another 3lb+ bass, and several more smaller ones, for a total of 14 bass by 10:15am. Now I was having such a great time catching the Bigguns(at least to me and for IN), and especially the Jitterbug morning bite. That I forgot about the fog and lack of sleep. Man is there anything that's is more fun than having a 4lber hammer you're Jitterbug in the dark, and give a good fight back to the boat ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. Anyway this was one, if not my best day ever for size of fish, and 14 in 5 hours wasn't a bad thing. By then I was just too tired, and Happy ;D ;D ;D That I loaded up the boat and drove home ;D These are definately the kinda days you dream about, at least I do

Lizards
Old 09-07-04, 10:12 AM   #5
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LEVI

Lizards,
Good goin man! Ain't nothing like a jitterbug, have you had much success with the hocus locust?

Kybasser
LEVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-04, 01:17 PM   #6
uk03
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to uk03

Good work Lizards! I went out with my 9 yr old this morning, caught a ton of crappies, but only 2 small bass...
uk03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-04, 01:36 PM   #7
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

Way to go lizards. Theres nothing like catching bass on a jitterbug.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-04, 05:59 PM   #8
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=Kybasser link=board=Reports;num=1093348506;start=0#4 date=09/07/04 at 09:12:37]Lizards,
Good goin man! Ain't nothing like a jitterbug, have you had much success with the hocus locust?

Kybasser[/quote]

Actually I have only tried them 2 times at smaller ponds, with no luck. I really didn't get a chance t fish during the hatching of the cicada's which was really a bummer. I ran into 2 guys that were catching bass left and right with LIVE ones. Oh well in another 17 years I'll have a shot at it. :P

Thanks for the congrats from everyone, it was fun.

Lizards
Old 09-07-04, 09:53 PM   #9
james33
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to james33

Dang Lizards one heck of a day
james33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.