Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-05, 01:56 PM   #1
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman
Default Guntersville, not too much to report.  

I guess sometimes a bad report is as useful as a good one, so the fishing at G'ville right now by all acounts, even the guide's, is slow. I caught 3 yesterday all day, the biggest being 18 inches and the other 2 being dinks, all on tiki sticks in watermelon red color. Of note the bass are still spawning, in fact the 18 inches was caught site fishing off of the bed.

Bream are on the beds in north sauty creek, much faster action with a fly rod than bass fishing. Also caught a big drum on a chartruse crankbait. The milfoil is still a ways away from topping out, was gonna try the rat but it was hard finding the right conditions.

Well if anyone is going I hope they do better than me. I think the lake might still be recovering a little from the FLW, and maybe trying to transition from spawn to post spawn with a couple stragglers still hanging on. At least thats my best guess.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-05, 08:52 PM   #2
madmarty
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to madmarty
Default Re: Guntersville, not too much to report. Â*

I haven't been doing much good either. The few fish I have caught I told you about in the PM. Same here about rat fishing. It should get good here before long though. Did the drum you caught have the crank in his mouth or was it foul hooked? About March this year I was fishing at north sauty and the guy in the boat with me caught about a 30lb carp off a baby 1-minus. He had it in his mouth. Liked to broke the net trying to lift it in the boat.
madmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-05, 01:43 PM   #3
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman
Default Re: Guntersville, not too much to report. Â*

The big carp are everywhere it seems right now at Guntersville. The drum had the crank in its mouth, I caught it way back in south sauty creek - thought I had a striper when it hit. I'm thinking right now that I will head to wilson or the elk early this next week, then might try and hit honeycomb creek one afternoon maybe thursday or friday. I'm trying hard to learn g'ville, I've never done well there but I figure if the milfoil gets to the point where its nice and matted I will have a less searching to do - it will provide a real transition wheras right now there is no break points but just lots of fishy looking water.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.