Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-05, 11:42 AM   #1
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan
Default Tourney Today

I'm off to my tourney today.....We have a gorgeous day here in Indy high73 w/ 5-10 mph wins and all sun. Water temp will prolly get up to 62 or 63 by the end fo the day. Wish me luck....I need to place well in this one to lock a spot in the Club Classic. Thanks in advance

Catch em up
Brian
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-05, 12:06 PM   #2
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Re: Tourney Today

Well, I fished the tourney yesterday and it was interesting to say the least. I figured it was going to take 15.5 lbs to win. I got one keeper 35 min in and nvr got another one the rest of the day. But my partner and I caught at least 20 ish over 12.75 and less than 13.95.

Anywho, we figured we have no chance to be in the money acuse the fish were biting just no bigs ones for us. So, it gets to be time and we have to run back to the weigh in.....dead battery......

So it takes us 20 min to get back to the weigh-in and we are 15 min late but we figured it didn't matter cause we only had the one.

Walk up there and find out only 2 fished were weighed and we would have finished 2nd.

I hate that guy named murphy!!!!

Catch em up
Brian
Old 04-17-05, 03:53 PM   #3
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Does that boat motor have where you can use rope for a pull start in case the battery goes dead? If you look at the top of the flywheel, there should be a knotch where a rope knot can slip into and a groove for the rope to wrap around. I though this was something that came standard on all motors, but I could be wrong.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-05, 03:57 PM   #4
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Geez, I'm not really sure to be honest with you.....I don't think it does. The battery was dead, I mean dead.....I couldn't even get a sound out of it...But, ya know, it happens to everyone, it was just my turn this time and we'll get them next time.

Catch em up
Brian
Old 04-17-05, 05:08 PM   #5
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

If the motor does have this, then you don't even have to have a battery connected to it. Â*If it were me, and my trolling motor battery was still good, then I would have hooked my trolling motor battery up to the outboard and cranked it that way.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-05, 05:14 PM   #6
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

That's what i ended up doing and it worked, but barely b/c i had the trolling motor on 10 all b/c we were in a river with a swift current for part of the day.

Catch em up
Brian

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.