Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-05, 08:45 PM   #1
nb122679
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Hoping to finally catch some fish.

Well it is time for another tournament for me. I hope to catch some fish this time, haven't in the previous 2. The water temp will be better this time. It is in the upper 50's - low 60's. The water is stained. The weather will be in the mid 60's with 6 mph winds. Besides so many other boats going out down there along with our club, it should be a great day fishing. The local lake website, suggested spinnerbaits and plastics. I will be glad to use plastics, because I feel more comfortable using them. But any other suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you

Kevin
nb122679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-05, 08:51 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: Hoping to finally catch some fish.

like it said, spinnerbaits will work. also, i like tiki dip stiks in redbug/chartruse tip in stained water. hope you do well.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-05, 11:10 PM   #3
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Kev, tie on a trap, too. With those temps they are probably staging in pre-spawn or starting to spawn, so work the deeper water near the spawning flats, but keep an eye out for the big girls on the bed. Good Luck!
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-05, 07:02 PM   #4
nb122679
BassFishin.Com Member

Well, here is what happened.

Â* Â* It was cold this morning, in the upper 30's wind was gusting to about 20-25 mph. Â*The water temp barely made it to 60, and that was in the back of the creeks. Â*Well any way Â*I caught 2 fish between 8:00 and 8:30 and that was it for me. Â*I caught them on a 5" Yum Dinger pumpkinw/chart. tail. Â*The boater didn't catch anything. Â*Over half the club didn't catch anything. Â*I only caught 2 fish, but it was enough for 4th place, 1lb 3oz out of the money. Â*My 2 fish weighed 4lbs 7oz. Â*The winning weight was 13lbs +. Â*Well I finally caught some fish and had a good time fishing today, even thought it still was pretty slow again. Â*By the way, if you were wondering, I had the dinger rigged on 4/0 ultra point with bait holder and 1/16 oz weight already on the hook. I did also throw everthing else I had after they didn't bite that anymore.

Kevin
Old 04-16-05, 07:42 PM   #5
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Good job, Kev! Even if you were out of the money you placed. Considering you were a back seater and your boater got skunked makes it even better.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-05, 01:04 PM   #6
nb122679
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey Reb,

It did feel pretty good to catch fish and over half of the club didn't catch none. I am just looking forward now till the next tournament. It isn't until next month, so I have some time now. Something elst that makes it better, is a guy in the club works with me, and on Friday, he said he was going to kick everyones tail this weekend, but it backfired. I was laughing at him. He said he wasn't coming to work this week, because he didn't want me to rub it in. I will only rub it in a little, I promise.

Kevin
Old 04-17-05, 03:21 PM   #7
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Kevin, I am glad your catching fish. ;D Just keep on fishing and you will do better and learn new things every time out.Looking at your post, I am going back to the creek, I caught 5 bass on the Mizmo tube but I think I can catch a few more using a senko and tube because they aren't hitting a jig right now. The gripper teeth in their mouths are sharp which leads me to believe they are really feeding on baitfish and not craws. Thanks for the insight, P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.