Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-05, 05:42 PM   #1
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy
Default 3rd cold front but they still biting

Well
We're back to the upper 60's weater compared to weeks of upper 80s and humid, that means several canadian cold fronts have swept the mid west..
Every fisherman hates cold fronts, it takes a good bite and slows way down.
I went out today thinking it would be a plastics type day, didn't figure they would chase too much, was
surprise when I got one on the spinnerbait and they also were slowly hitting the top water scum frog..
Had several big runs on yum craw, only to discover that my jig hook had broke into on the hookset,
its my own fault for using them, some guy poured them for me 15 years ago and they have pretty much rotted away and rusted now...
I went to the 1/4 ounce jighead and put a Zoom watermelon seed (green) on , cast into a long line of trees but no takers..
Also had some unusual bad luck with some new XL line I put on, first time I threw the chug bug it snapped off to who knows where, then I accidently hit Dennys line on a super cast and broke off the line with a big birds nest, I think I may have gone to light with just 10lb test.
I have faith in the line, proabably just have some kinks in it i guess.

We ended up with 7 , a few on the tikki stick, I tried lime green but no takers, they hit the brown with red specks in it ok, but no magic in that bait today~
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.