Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-05, 01:12 AM   #1
Bladerunner
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bladerunner
Default retrieving tube baits

whats a good retrieval speed to use w/ tubes,. i just bought some today ,i've never used them before. i plan on using them all day tomarrow as my main bait.(or at least until i get tired of not getting any hits)

are tube baits more of a pause & twitch then reel method? or a very slow ,bounce off the bottom? im sure ill be trying them a few diffrent ways, just want to get started in the right direction
Bladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-05, 01:14 AM   #2
fastcat
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fastcat
Default Re: retrieving tube baits

I like to rig them t-style and bounce them off the bottom. I have caught my share of fish with them.
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-05, 02:10 AM   #3
bronzebackguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bronzebackguy

There is so many ways to fish a tube, it kinda goes on like bubba about shrimp on forrest gump. My personal favorite way is weightless twitching them in front of trees and submerged cover.
bronzebackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-05, 02:13 AM   #4
bassguy2004

Tubes are one of my most favorite baits. I pitch them, flip them, use them with split shot, and carolina rigs. The split shot rig is just a mini carolina rig and I fish them moved slowly across the bottom. Point breaks, creek chanels and bluff banks in the wintertime. Although slowly is a relative term since the fish dictate the speed in which the lure is retrieved.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.