Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-05, 12:50 AM   #1
fastcat
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fastcat
Default Found another pond

I found this pond back in the woods ridding 4 wheelers and I need to know what would be the best bet for the pond............. The water is clear and about 80-85 deg. and there is plenty of tree tops and grass............ I have none of my tackle at my moms accept for a Devil horse and a rod....... I am going with my friend tomorrow and he has some pig and jigs, crankbaits, spinnerbaits, and a bunch of crappie jigs.......... need some advice to work with what I got........... I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-05, 12:53 AM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: Found another pond

the best bet? c'mon i thought you would atleast get it in your head there is no ''best bet'' its like the ''best'' duh!!

i would throw spinnerbaits.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-05, 12:57 AM   #3
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Actually, 02, there are some best bets given the conditions. Â*A spinnerbait is good, but I would throw a weightless soft plastic in and around the cover.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-05, 12:59 AM   #4
fastcat
BassFishin.Com Member

OOOOOOPPPPPPSSSS!!!!!Sorry I forgot........... I admit it.......... Thats what I had in mind...... I think I might try the Devil Horse at first then I will give it a try............ I was thinkin' bout trying some live worms or minnows at first to find the fish. I dont think the fish in there are real big ones in there cause you can see the 1/2 pounders EVERYWHERE.............
Old 06-22-05, 12:59 AM   #5
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

i was kinda thinkin that...but i thought maybe not so i went and posted...lol i dont know anymore.....
Old 06-22-05, 01:04 AM   #6
fastcat
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=Rebbasser link=board=news;num=1119412222;start=0#2 date=06/21/05 at 23:57:41]Actually, 02, there are some best bets given the conditions. Â*A spinnerbait is good, but I would throw a weightless soft plastic in and around the cover.[/quote] I dont have any soft plastics with me............ Like a dumb a$$ I left all my tackle at my dads and then wanted to go fishing......... I hate not thinkin strait..........
Old 06-22-05, 01:28 AM   #7
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

You have learned a valuable lesson, young Jedi. If there is even the remotest chance you can fish when you go someplace, take some tackle with you ;D
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-05, 01:38 AM   #8
fastcat
BassFishin.Com Member

I am regreting it. I am going to miss my new Diawa in this hole. Not to mention all 62 bags of worms and tiki sticks. But what sucks is that I aint going to my dads again for another week or two............ and in that time I plan to fish the mess out of this pond and try to learn it. I am really regreting leaving the tiki sticks there cause this seems like one of the best ponds for them.........
Old 06-22-05, 02:21 PM   #9
keeb
BassFishin.Com Member

maybe 1-3 foot runnin crankbaits.
Old 06-22-05, 02:36 PM   #10
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

what i do is leave a spare rod/reel over at my dads with some tackle...that way if i forget my good rods/reels and tackle atleast i'll have something to fish with..... 8)

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.