Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-05, 09:46 PM   #1
n2b
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to n2b
Default moon fazes

do they matter, and if so what do diff. moon fazes mean.

ThanX
n2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-05, 09:49 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: moon fazes

im not to sure. i think they have alot to do with tides, but thats saltwater. also, i know its good to catfish when there is no moon(darkest night). but other then that, you've got me. there was something about bass spawning on the first moon? not sure tho.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-05, 10:25 PM   #3
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass

moon phases is just another clever excuse we fishermen give our wives when we need another reason to go fishing. But honey, its the 3rd quarter of the 2nd new moon baby, I gotsta go fishing!
Only after you cut the grass.
But then we'll be on the 4th quarter of the 2nd new moon and we all know that means the bite is off, so I can't mow the grass, gotta go now.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-05, 10:56 PM   #4
madmarty
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to madmarty

The gravitational pull from the moon has a very definate influence on a bass's feeding urges. During a new and full moon the moon has an extremely strong gravitational effect on Earth. These forces affect the tide. The position of the moon causes an intense feeding period among freshwater fish. These feeding sprees are influenced by the distance between the moon and Earth. When the moon and Earth are at their closest point the moon exerts a high gravitational pull. But weather always overules moon phases. Some of your best fishing occurs 3 days before and after a new and full moon.
madmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 12:00 AM   #5
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LEVI

Three days before and after a full moon are prime times

Kybasser
LEVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 02:10 AM   #6
Kevin_T
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Kevin_T

One more thing, during full moon fish will be more active at night so is in this time where its more important to fish early in the morning or close to dusk
Kevin_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 03:00 AM   #7
jaredangie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jaredangie

I love to fish at night from june on thru sept and we always try and go around the full moon and dark moon phases.

Over the years we have just had alot more luck around these times than other moon times. We plan one big night fishing week every year and always plan it around the full moon in either june or july!

Full moon in june this year is the 22nd and we will be fishing all night, every night from the 21st till the 25th. Man I can't wait!
jaredangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 05:39 AM   #8
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

The jig bite is partially determined by the moon phases, it controls the crawfish hatch. P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 06:24 AM   #9
jaredangie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jaredangie

PNJ, maybe that explains why we do better with rubber craws during the full moon.

Believe it or not but color seems to matter to us depending on the moon phase and I am talking about night fishing. Black seems to be the color on moonless nights or with some cloud cover and its pumpkinseed and motor oil on the full moon nights.
jaredangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-05, 12:01 AM   #10
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=lockjaw link=board=news;num=1116809203;start=0#3 date=05/22/05 at 21:56:39]The gravitational pull from the moon has a very definate influence on a bass's feeding urges. During a new and full moon the moon has an extremely strong gravitational effect on Earth. These forces affect the tide. The position of the moon causes an intense feeding period among freshwater fish. These feeding sprees are influenced by the distance between the moon and Earth. When the moon and Earth are at their closest point the moon exerts a high gravitational pull. But weather always overules moon phases. Some of your best fishing occurs 3 days before and after a new and full moon.[/quote]

Excellent post. However I really don't know what FAZES are, but I do know what PHASES are And PNJ also made a good point. But to most of us, we go fishing when we can, not only during the proper phase of the moon. I can tell you at least I go fishing anytime I can whether or not the moon is in the right alignment or not. But if I'm planning a fishing trip, I do try to coincide it as much as my schedule allows me to with the full moon

ILL_BASS,

You are correct that color can make a difference, however BLACK will always work, but the darker it is the better solid black seems to work for me as well.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.