Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-05, 02:30 PM   #1
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52
Default Pretty cool read here

Was watching the BassMaster Internatational Event on ESPN the other morn(around 6:00 am). The tournament director allows each angler to use only one utility box,Think it was a size 360(looked like a niced size plano). They had to pick the baits they thought would work good and then register those baits, The lid had to close, and they could not restock or use there partners' baits. I dunno if there was a limitation on rod numbers. It was 2 american anglers vs 2 internatianal anglers and there were 3 teams. Heres the question-"IF YOU had to chose what lures to put in your utility box(This includes Hooks,weights,trailers,skirts and everything else,) what would you choose?
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 04:49 PM   #2
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Re: Pretty cool read here

[quote author=PowerBass link=board=news;num=1110043836;start=0#0 date=03/05/05 at 12:30:36]Was watching the BassMaster Internatational Event on ESPN the other morn(around 6:00 am). The tournament director allows each angler to use only one utility box,Think it was a size 360(looked like a niced size plano). They had to pick the baits they thought would work good and then register those baits, The lid had to close, and they could not restock or use there partners' baits. I dunno if there was a limitation on rod numbers. It was 2 american anglers vs 2 internatianal anglers and there were 3 teams. Heres the question-"IF YOU had to chose what lures to put in your utility box(This includes Hooks,weights,trailers,skirts and everything else,) what would you choose?[/quote]

As much as I could stuff in it ;D. I would bring 3/0 Owner Widegap hooks, lizards(6" and 8&quot, Pulse worms(zipper style of worms), a couple of green pumpkin jigs, with trailers, some spinnerbaits, with different blade and color configurations, a jitterbug, some 1/16 & 1/8 oz bullet weights. I would bring some of Carolina Chips shallow and med cranks. And anything else I could squeeze in there. I guess I would have to sit down, and see how much of this I could pack in it.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 06:30 PM   #3
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

I think you meant the 3600. I'd cram everything in it I could. Cram three spinnerbaits, two tandem and one double willow. One or two shallow diving cranks. A few strike king pro model jigs. A pack of junebug senkos, two packs of zoom superflukes in albino and watermelonseed. A jitternug and a popper. A few packs of worms (7.5 in red shad culprits of course). Gamakatsu 3/0 and 4/0 EWG hooks. 1/8-3/8oz bulletweights. And then anything else I could fit.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 07:32 PM   #4
gonefishy2002
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gonefishy2002

That's a tough one.... here goes:
1 pk. each of 4"senkos 166,297,208. 1 pk. 3" senkos 042j, a pack of flippin tubes blk/blue,pack of red shad culprits,2 white Lunker lures w/ trailer hooks, 2 pop-r's baby bass,2 chrome/ blue/ orange rogues,2 chrome/blue back 1/2oz. rattle traps,2 chrome/ blk. baby 1- cranks,2 crawdad shad raps, 2 bagley dbIII's tenn. shad cranks, 2 white/chart. spinnerbaits gold/nickel tandem.1/8,3/8,3/4oz. blk. bullet weights and 1/0,2/0 Gammie EWG's and 4/0 superline EWG's. Toothpicks.
Hope it all fits. Â*
gonefishy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 10:44 PM   #5
Big_Drew
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Big_Drew

I need more information, what are the conditions. What is the seasonal pattern. Water temp. what Kind of water (lake, resivoir, river): does it have standing timber, limestone bluffs. what is the predicted weather. water clarity and color. yada yada yada.
Big_Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 11:18 PM   #6
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=basstech link=board=news;num=1110043836;start=0#4 date=03/05/05 at 20:44:12]I need more information, what are the conditions. Â*What is the seasonal pattern. Â*Water temp. Â*what Kind of water (lake, resivoir, river): Â*does it have standing timber, limestone bluffs. Â*what is the predicted weather. Â*water clarity and color. Â*yada yada yada.
Â*[/quote]

dunno temp or pattern, but muddy water standing timber and lake system air temp is around 80 degrees

Old 03-05-05, 11:31 PM   #7
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=PowerBass link=board=news;num=1110043836;start=0#5 date=03/05/05 at 21:18:51]

dunno temp or pattern, but muddy water standing timber and lake system air temp is around 80 degrees

[/quote]

Dang now I gotta rethink everything all over again JK I like the idea of not knowing squat, and being put on a plane to a destination, AFTER you've packed your box. Oh yeah I forgot Flukes by Fin-S.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 11:32 PM   #8
Big_Drew
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Big_Drew

I would have to assume it's after the spawn. I would load up on shad colored Â*and green pumkin senkos (the yum brand,just cause they are cheaper), blk/blu JnP (1/4,3/8,1/2oz) with matching saltcraw trailer; shad,firetiger and chartreuse med. cranks w/rattles, probably bomber 6a's and 7a's as well as several fat free fingerlings. 3/0, 4/0 ewg's, 1black and 1 chart. buzzbait 3/8oz.
7 1/2" worms in red shad, junebug. baby brushhogs in grreen pumkin, neon, red shad. 1/8 to 1/2 oz. bullet weights
Big_Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-05, 01:57 AM   #9
texan_bass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to texan_bass

If these guys didn't carry Secret Weapon spinnerbaits, they missed out ;D

With these I could pack 4 spinnerbaits, a few skirts, some blade attachments, and the buzz blade attachment. I'd have over 100 combinations, with more room for all my other baits

I'd have (3) 3/8oz black/blue jigs, (3) 1/2oz jigs same color. 3 watermelon zoom pro chunks, 3 greenpumpkin zoom chunks. (3) Berkley 7" green pumpkin worms, (3) Watermelon worms, (3) black worms. (2) watermelon tubes, (2) greenpumpkin tubes. (6) zoom brush hogs in the same colors. (4) zoom lizards in watermelon, (2) craws in watermelon (2) craws in greenpumpkin (4) 1/4oz slider hooks, (4) 3/16oz bullet weights (2) 3/4oz egg sinkers, (2) 1oz egg sinkers.(4) 1/2oz bullet weights, (4) #3.0 mustad wide gap hooks, (4)#5.0 mustad wide gap. (2) trailer hooks. The rest of the room would be filled with cranks.

Don't tell my wife :-X She'll think this is all I ever need in the boat

Did they list out what each angler carried with them?
texan_bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-05, 03:13 AM   #10
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

They used to do that with the Classic all the time. At first they were limited to four rod and reels, and ten lbs of tackle. Then it went to they could fill one tackle box that a sponsor provided. Now I don't think there is a limit, normally.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-05, 09:43 AM   #11
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Cajun,
your correct in what you said, but they just recently started the international thing this year.
Old 03-06-05, 11:42 AM   #12
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan

I'd put;........

1 Bandit 100 Series Craw Crank
2 1/2 oz Spinnerbaits (1 with hammered Colorado Blades and the other with hammered willow leaf blades)
1 Bandit 300 Series in a Citrus Shad
2 Bags of 3X Zulus (one in pearl, the other in black shad)
1 White Buzzbait
2 Poppers (no specific color)
2 Jigs already riged with a Power Bait Trailer
3/0 Gami EWG Hooks
1 pack of Florida Screw In Weights
1 Pack fo 5 in Tiki Sticks in a Purple Shad

Catch em up
Brian
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.