Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-05, 10:21 PM   #1
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1
Default man do i love them senkos

I went fishing with my friend today on a lake right by me, and it was pretty awesome. Â*we got out at about 2:00 PM and it was cloudy and windy with a cold front moving through and the pressure rising. Â*My friend got two bass in about five minutes on a small strike king spinnerbait(not sure what kind) one of them on the first cast. Â*It cleared up and we started to fish some junebug senkos around brushpiles, thats when we got a lot of action for about two hours. Â*I got five and missed 3 or 4. Â*My friend got 4 and missed about 8 cause of problems he was having with his reel. Â*For facing conditions that weren't so good, I think we did pretty well. Â*I'll post some pics when I develop the film.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-05, 12:46 PM   #2
kentuckybasser
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to kentuckybasser
Default Re: man do i love them senkos

i love senkos also, don't know what i'd do without them. i have tested around 20 senko knockoff's, i've weighed them, tested them in a fish tank and pool for drop rate, action, etc. most knockoff's weigh alot less, and don't have the action of the yamamoto senko. the one i've found to work just as good as a senko, if not better, is the wacko from wackyworm.com, it weighs .38 ounces, the same as a senko, and they cost around $13 for 50. another good one is the Assalt Salt Stix
kentuckybasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-05, 05:15 PM   #3
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

well Ok, these weren't senkos, theu were yum dingers. I probably like them more because the notch in the bait allows for an easy hookset.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-05, 12:12 AM   #4
bassmaster1983
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmaster1983

the first time i used them i thought bass fishing was going to be an easy sport. I was on a private pond and believe me if you want i caught bass on almost every cast. They went from about 12 inches up to 18 inches. To bad i didn't know about wacky style or just turning the bait around and using the other end to hook it. I went through 3 bags. My friend took me to that lake and said they only use pre rigged worms, said that's all they will hit. I proved him wrong. I've been back to that pond many times and used almost every type and brand of plastic and nothing works like senko's. Don't get me wrong since that first time about 2 years ago until recently bass fishing has become an obsession. I just can't wait until the weather breaks here in Pa. I will be on many more lakes and rivers using all types of baits not just senkos. One question I have is do the 6 inch senkos make any difference as to the size of bass caught? One other brand that comes close to the senkos is the tiki bamboo stix on that particular pond. Catching all those bass the first day almost lead me to believe it would always be this easy(lol). But like I said it is an obsession I never want to overcome.

Bob
bassmaster1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-05, 07:19 PM   #5
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

for your ? i think the bigger the senko the bigger the bass. hope that covered it
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.