Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-05, 04:21 PM   #1
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

Default playing in the mud AGAIN!!

I went to badin lake this morning. while she is a clear water lake. stained condition's give the bass lockjaw normally. i was just messing round throwing a crank bait. when i caught a dink on it. ok a fluke i entered and area i like to fish alot. i started throwing a green/white blade-thanks bassman- i was working it slowly down the main trunk of a tree and get a hit a nice 3.2 pounder. the very next tree i catch a dink, the 4th tree in a row of 5 i hang a 4.2 pound hawg.-can't wipe the grin off now-as i ease past a long dock i am thinking of location's that i can find trees laying in the water. there being a large laydown mess-8 trees-in the creek bend i spend 20 mintues dabbling in it with a mostly un modified spinner bait. i was about to put down the blade and start using a lizard. but a 6 .3 pounder took that thought out of my head. ok i am on fire now so i haul it up stream to a creek with a lot of trees. i catch nothing-much to my dismay-as i round a "plain" bank with no trees i hook a rather large bass on the purple headed warrior when he surfaces he spits the hook-add cuss word here i did-now my fire is turned off but still am looking for trees in a creek i run to the last creek i know of-i know all of them-with trees in the muddy section. as i work down the bank i hook a really large bass off a tree as i yank him over the first tree he dives into the second tree and get off-a whole pile of cuss words insue-the next tree down i hang a really good bass 5.4pounds-that put the grin on my face again- as i work my out of this creek i catch a whopper 8.0 pig again off a tree. i miss the next 3 trees trying in vein to calm my self down. my hands were shaking pretty bad. the last tree in the creek i catch a lovly lil 4.1 pound bass off. seeing trees are the thing i head back in the nasty cove lots of floating trees collet here all the time. i switch to one of chip's big baits just a thumping and knocking on these floating logs in 15 feet of water i hang a decent bass on them 3.7 pounds. seeing i am out of muddy water creeks with trees. head over to the high rent district.-a creek surrounded with multi million dallor houses- i have to switch to a white stein and fish these trees. but i catch nothing seeing it is only 11am i switch gears and run up to my favorite row of docks. i use a pace craw and a lizard and still catch nothing. as i am nearly out of gas-6 gallon tank-i head for the launch. at 12:30.

all in all i had a good day. the 5 largest fish weighing 28 pounds. all fish were photographed and released i weighed all of them on a digital scale weighed a total of 3 times each.-8 pounder i weighed 4 times-cause that #8 just don't show up very often ;D-

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-05, 07:38 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: playing in the mud AGAIN!!

man what a day. ;D now, where are the pictures ???
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-05, 08:50 PM   #3
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

Great day Zook. You can be justly proud.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-05, 09:22 PM   #4
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Fantastic day Way to go, I would've fished till I fell asleep after a day like that. Probably would have woke up with a trebble hook piecing my ear ;D ;D ;D

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-05, 02:45 AM   #5
bassmania25
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmania25

sounds like you had a day we all dream of especially if you were tourney fishing. I went out yesterday with daughter (kinda tough to get much fishing with her there she needs a lot of help) caught 2 shorts, a 15 in keeper about 2.5 lbs and pulled up on a spot first cast hooked anywhere from 5-6 lb fish I was in the front of the boat with 6 lb test and couldnt get over the kids fast enough to go to the back and continue fighting it. The fish came up thrashed his head twice and i stood with a rod in my hand and my busted line waving in the air. after saying a few expletives under my breath i continued to fish and picked up one more keeper about 1.5 lbs. Oh well we gave it a shot and i will be back there on sat where i lost the good one in a tourney lets she comes back for more. Scott R
bassmania25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-05, 10:51 AM   #6
danrw84
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to danrw84

Zookmeister! What a day! Congrats and keep casting
danrw84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-05, 11:48 AM   #7
bassguy2004

Outstanding day Zooker, a 28 pound limit would be a winner in any tourney. ;D
Old 04-15-05, 11:07 PM   #8
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

Nice day, Im proud that the expletives didn't make the thread. Ya, the 8# dont show up enough. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-05, 11:13 PM   #9
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Zooker, you keep having days like that and I'm going to take some time off and head that direction! Dang!
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.