Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-05, 12:54 PM   #1
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Plastics Holding on the Hook

Well I read a tip the other day about how some of the pros keep there plastics up on the hook, vs using the Glue method. Sounded like a great idea so I thought I'd pass it along They take a pieve of heavy Flourocarbon(50lb-100lb) and run it through the plastic and then through the eye of the hook. Once thats done, one of them then melts the end of the line with a lighter. They use this technique more on the 3x type baits, but said it does work on your standard plastics as well. The biggest difference is that the standard plastics won't hold up nearly as long. I read this in the Bass Times 5/05 edition. I will try it out, but must admit I don't use the 3x or Snapback brand to much. But it will probably work real well with my preferred brand of Flukes the Fin-S. Hope this works for some of you folks

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-05, 12:59 PM   #2
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich
Default Re: Plastics Holding on the Hook

I read that too, Lizards-thought it was a pretty good idea.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 05:48 PM   #3
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

LIZ,

A quicker and easier method is to use a wooden toothpick run thru the plastic and thru the eye of the hook and out the other side of the plastic, then cut it off on each side with a pair of side cutters so that it is flush.

Works for me.

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 05:58 PM   #4
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

The only problem with that is it does take time and you need to have a length of flourocarbon line just sitting there, or else you have to rummage around the boat. So I tend to prefer the superglue method better. I even sometimes coat the entire head of the bait with superglue.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-05, 01:20 AM   #5
bronzebackguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bronzebackguy

thanks for posting this lizards, was in a tournement this weekend and had a crappy time keeping my tubes on the hook yesterday, read about this, used it, and it worked like a charm,
bronzebackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-05, 01:49 PM   #6
arkansasbassin
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to arkansasbassin

I saw a new way to rig a plastic worm on TV this weekend. Put the worm weight on as usual, thread the line thru one end of a small swivel (the swivel will slide on the line), tie the hook on in the normal fashion, put the hook thru the end of the worm, put the hook point thru the other end of the swivel, take up the line slack, put the hook thru the worm body as normal, the worm is locked in place by the swivel...works good on senko type baits too.
arkansasbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-05, 06:44 PM   #7

I guess being somewhat new I am out of the loop, but what is the super glue method for keeping plastics on the hook? ???
Old 05-09-05, 06:55 PM   #8
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

look in the sponser page on this site, its called pro's soft bait super glue or something like that.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-05, 08:27 AM   #9
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=huskertko link=board=news;num=1115481294;start=0#6 date=05/09/05 at 17:44:58]I guess being somewhat new I am out of the loop, but what is the super glue method for keeping plastics on the hook? ???[/quote]

Basically you glue the plastic to the hook eye. It keeps the bait from always sliding down. It works well, just turns white.

boisebassin,

you're welcome glad it helped you out.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.