Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-05, 09:32 PM   #1
Bladerunner
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bladerunner
Default no luck today

well i did some fishing today, (finally had some decent weather to do so). and not a thing!! not even a bump on the line ???,
i did go to a rather large forest perserve lake which i havent fished in years, so im not too familiar any more where the good spots are. Back then i was a live bait fisher so anywhere was ok, but now that ive switched over to lures and plastic baits im always looking for the places Bass are likely to be chillin. brush piles,lilly pads, knocked over trees. i can spot all those places at this lake i was at today ,they're just un-accessable by foot, i did happen to find a couple of nice little coves that i was able to get too. i think i just have to get out there earlier. got kind of a late start today.
or maybe i just spent too much time on 1 kind of bait before switching to something else. Question: is 1 hr. too long to stick w/ any one bait if your not getting any his on it? i try to switch sooner,but i say to myself," just one more cast w/ this guy" and that 1 cast usually turns into 15 more...lol
anyways, weather is supposed to be warmer tomarrow so i plan on giving it another shot, diffrent lake though
Bladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 09:35 PM   #2
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy
Default Re: no luck today

I would probably try several baits and if nothing happens slow way down to worm fish..key in on finding location rather than how long with one lure.
In other words if your throwing the same bait to the bank and covering maybe 15 ft with no bites, its time to change strategy and fish deeper on drops or some other variation than the "beating the bank" 8)
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 09:46 PM   #3
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Quote:
just one more cast w/ this guy
I said that once at a real small stock tank outside of Ft. Worth a few years back-it was almost completely dark and I was heading in. I cast and then reeled it in, but it was attached to an 8 pounder-sometimes that last cast pays off well ;D

I go with my gut feeling on how long to fish a bait. Sometimes I'll throw the same type bait all day, and other days I'm changing every few casts. That's why I always have several rods rigged with different baits handy ;D.

Sometimes they just don't bite no matter what you throw. Just keep chunking, and change when you feel like you have given a bait enough time with no results. Eventually you WILL get bit. Besides, that's why they call it fishing and not catching ;D
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 12:39 PM   #4
redneck13
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to redneck13

That happens to us all.In that situation,I'll try a little junk fishing.Use everything in the boat till you catch a bass.That happened to me a month ago. fishing was nada. I tried everything.I pulled out the old Devil's Horse(that I'd never tried before because it's such an antique of a bait;never took it seriously).I ended up catching 7 decent little bass.Now a month later,it's one of my confidence baits.
redneck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 03:00 PM   #5
fisherman_craig
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fisherman_craig

Whenever the catching gets scarce, I will put on a little rooster tail and catch a few bluegills for the hell of it. I just love being out on the water. Gets frustrating though when those bass just watch the lure swim on by..... :-/
fisherman_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 03:48 PM   #6
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

When it gets rough I probably should tie on a mister twister with jighead and see what bites...sometimes
ya end up with gills , crappie and white bass,
but at least its a bite an my theory is that if these fish are biting maybe a stray bass is close by ready to feed on any near by baitfish
[img] http://www.anglersupply.com/images/models_100/315.jpg [/img]
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 05:56 PM   #7
fisherman_craig
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey JB,
I like that Icon you have of that dude and the electric cap he has one. Have you ever seen Napoleon Dynamite? That thing he is wearing in your icon reminds me of Napoleans time machine.
Rock on JB, Rock on........ 8)
Old 05-18-05, 05:58 PM   #8
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

lmao ;D, that was a great movie.....
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 06:01 PM   #9
fisherman_craig
BassFishin.Com Member

Hell,
We all have a bit of Kip in us since we are always on this forum......I love technology....... :P

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.