Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-05, 03:17 PM   #1
FLFishFan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to FLFishFan
Default Fishin in the rain?

How do bass act when its raining. What advice can you give me for catching bass in the rain.
FLFishFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-05, 04:14 PM   #2
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch
Default Re: Fishin in the rain?

Good hard rain can pull bass shallow- they will feed off the bugs and so forth that wash in, also the smaller fish looking for the easy meal. Also if the rain causes some moving water- ie, a levee or spillover. Love to fish in the rain, just hate the bright, flashy crap. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-05, 04:21 PM   #3
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

Almost always in fl when it rainds its lightning. So I do not have too much experience in that field.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-05, 04:22 PM   #4
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=flfireman link=board=news;num=1116958651;start=0#1 date=05/24/05 at 15:14:52]Good hard rain can pull bass shallow- they will feed off the bugs and so forth that wash in, also the smaller fish looking for the easy meal. Also if the rain causes some moving water- ie, a levee or spillover. Love to fish in the rain, just hate the bright, flashy crap. 8)[/quote]

Welcome to the site.

What he said, and get a good set of rain gear LOL. Â*The fish can be turned on by the rain, and as the water rises the bass will be up towards the shore. Â*As it falls they will pull away from the shoreline.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-05, 05:43 PM   #5
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

to add onto what these gentlemen said, alot of it has to do with the barometric( thats right hula, i know it now) pressure. most rain comes from cold fronts, and the days before the front moves thru, the bass go into a sort of ''feeding frenzy'' they are very easy to catch at this time. during the front the bass will be mixed, some still trying to get a bite in, but most practicing lockjaw. after the front just sucks. the fish will not bite sh!t unless you put it withen feet of its face, and even with that multiple casts need to be made to the same spot. but when its just a good ole rain, i think those guys covered it pretty good. another good place to fish would be under a overhanging tree. insects and what not will fall into the water and baitfish will move in for an easy meal, then bass will move in for the baitfish. hope this helps 8)
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-05, 06:57 PM   #6
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

If you don't have lightning, like Lizards said, get yourself some raingear and go fishing. Â*the fish will usually pull away from cover due to the decreased light, the rain adds oxygen to the water, and you will probably have the lake to yourself. Â*Fish the same places and use the same baits you do when it is cloudy. Â*I enjoy fishing in the rain-if anything for the solitude. But if it starts to lightning, get off the water-it isn't worth the risk.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-05, 08:47 PM   #7
Eddie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Eddie

i always have great sucess in a light rain or drizzle.just forget about it if it's lightning with the rain!!!spinnerbaits and lipless cranks work good for me in the rain.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-05, 09:21 PM   #8
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

Don't forget topwaters, such as buzzbaits and other lures.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-05, 10:19 PM   #9
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

I haven't had to much luck in the rain, but have always loved to fish newly flooded areas, esp the back of coves where the forest of trees is suddenly 3-5 ft deep with water and bass searching for food everywhere.
After they let the water down the fish usually regroup on the pts.
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.