Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-05, 11:36 AM   #1

Default Cursed Pond

I fish this 5 acre pond quiet often its really shallow deepest part probably 7 feet its fool of underwater grasses everywhere i mean u can barely let the trolling motor down without gettin tangled up. Ive caught two ten pound bass outta there on topwater but the thing is i cant catch fish consistantly. You cant use crank baits too shallow and too weedy and ive tried all kinds of plastics including senkos but none seem to produce more than 1 or 2 fish. Any explanations or lure suggestions?
Old 05-25-05, 12:01 PM   #2
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva
Default Re: Cursed Pond

join the board
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-05, 02:52 PM   #3
Chip
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Chip

Swim a junebug u tail worm without a weight slowly over the grass, i have found this very productive when pond fishin is tough.
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-05, 10:02 PM   #4
Scott
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Scott

I fish a pond almost exactly similar to that one. I use a 6 inch berkly power worm in a motor oil or electric blue color. Black w/ red flakes would probably work as well. If a 6 inch isn't cutting it try a 8 or 10 incher.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-05, 10:14 PM   #5
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass

[quote author=Ryan19Williams link=board=news;num=1117031781;start=0#0 date=05/25/05 at 10:36:15] Â*Ive caught two ten pound bass outta there on topwater but the thing is i cant catch fish consistantly. Â*[/quote]

if you've managed to catch 2 10 pounders
QUIT YOUR *****IN! Most people fish a lifetime without landing one. Just because you can't catch them consistantly doesn't mean anything. The times we fish and the times fish feed don't always synch up together and as a result, you'll go home skunked, but anybody that has managed to pull a 10 pound hawg out of any body of water is doing something right.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-05, 10:45 PM   #6
OhioBass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

[quote author=Rodman_Rob link=board=news;num=1117031781;start=0#4 date=05/25/05 at 21:14:17]

if you've managed to catch 2 10 pounders
QUIT YOUR *****IN! Â*Most people fish a lifetime without landing one. Â*Just because you can't catch them consistantly doesn't mean anything. Â*The times we fish and the times fish feed don't always synch up together and as a result, you'll go home skunked, but anybody that has managed to pull a 10 pound hawg out of any body of water is doing something right. Â*[/quote]
Yeah really
OhioBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-05, 11:05 PM   #7
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

how much grass is in there? Would a fluke be able to make a natural free fall without being tangled in weeds? If so, try a fluke at the edges of the weeds. If its too thick for that, take a rake with ya next time, go around and rake out 5-10 "holes" in the grass, depending how much time you've got. MAke the holes 1-2 feet in diameter. Once you're all done, go back to the first hole you made and start dropping a worm or fluke in there. Play around with different retrieves, colors, plastics, etc. If you can't get any bites, go to the next one and just keep making your rounds to all the "holes". You'll start catching dinner.
Old 05-25-05, 11:09 PM   #8
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

even if there are places to fish, I'd still rake some holes in the thicker spots and fish em.
Old 05-25-05, 11:15 PM   #9
don_P
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to don_P

Ryan,
Try the mann's minus 1 .It go's under the water about 2 to 3 inches .It will maybe give them something they have never seen. Blk and chrome is a great color.
Plus you can ride the tops of the weeds with that bait,
there is alot of bb's in the bait to make plenty of noise
so it should call them to the dinner table....lol
Goodluck
Ps if I could ever catch a 10 pounder.....I would need a nerve pill,8 beers and Led Zepplin to calm me down.lol
Denny
don_P is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.