Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-05, 02:49 PM   #1
Park
BassFishin.Com Member

Default ohio bass tournaments

hey guys, thx for all the answered questions, its made my fishing go alot better know what i know now.. but i was wondering how i could get into some bass tournamements in ohio, where would i look to see where i can enter in.
Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 03:57 PM   #2
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan
Default Re: ohio bass tournaments

The way I find some tourneys to fish is to just simply go to google and search it. In your case, "2005 Ohio Bass Tournaments". This should give you some good sites to go to and some of the tourneys should be open events......Good luck and hope you find some good events to fish

Catch em up
Brian
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 04:19 PM   #3
Scott
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Scott

I know for sure that there is an open bass tourney at Clear Fork Reservoir this June, 18, 2005. I dont know how much the entering cost is though.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 05:44 PM   #4
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

What area of Ohio Ya in? I can tellya just about any of the lakes have tournies, some are open if ya have the bucks.
If you need to join a club or want to hit it alone, a good idea is to go to a ohio lake on a sat at 6 a.m. and see what group is there to tournament fish...usually you must send in your money long before the tournament, I 've never seen one yet that collects at the ramp..thats a no no ..you;ll have to plan ahead, and register as a boater or non boater, and the going rate now is about 50 to 70 bucks a boat minimum...so your looking at prob about 30 bucks to get in, 5 more for big bass, ya must split gas expense for the boat with the owner if your the non boater, plus its a good idea to have all your equipment, a rain suit, and some food n water..
its the best way to learn the ropes if you want to get ahead...let me know what area you want to fish and I'll get back to ya 8)
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 06:34 PM   #5
Park
BassFishin.Com Member

i live near middletown ohio, but it doesnt matter what lake i just want expeirience the tournament life, so many people enjoy it.. ummm.. the closest lake to me is ceasrs creek but i can never catch anything there ive spent many hours trying and just wanted to throw my fishin pole in the water, lol,
Old 05-15-05, 06:59 PM   #6
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

I live about 20 minutes from ya, in fact I bought my first Harley in carisle and got pulled over half way home for no plates ...
lol
that Middletown bass club is really good
I know they hit Grand Lake St. Marys, the Ohio River, Indian Lake , Caesars CReek, Paint Creek, Rocky Fork and lots more
You're really in luck cus that area has many top fishermen..so ya ever hit the miami river down south of ya?
Old 05-15-05, 09:23 PM   #7
Park
BassFishin.Com Member

really where at you live? i actually live in carilisle lol, i have't fished the miami but i have fished the little miami for small mouth near trenton... but my favorite spots are a gravel pit behind my house and twin creek. ive caught many bass out of each..
Old 05-16-05, 11:49 AM   #8
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

We live in Eaton and twin is about 5 minutes from the house, I figured you'd mention the gravel pit..we have 3 up here but several years ago they wont let anyone in due to drowning victems and people trespassing..If you want to join a good bass club try calling tony maxwell in 7 mile..hes the area guru for BASS tournament directors and you;ll be amazed at what you can learn 8)
Old 05-16-05, 12:40 PM   #9
Park
BassFishin.Com Member

thx for the information, i went fishing at the gratis gravil pit a few time caught a bunch of little ones but nothing to big.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.