Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-05, 09:27 PM   #1
worm_warrior
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Can u swim a worm and tiki stick fast?

I like to fish kinda fast and was wondering how do you fish a worm or tiki stick kinda fast. What weight do i use and what type of rig do i use?
worm_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-05, 09:29 PM   #2
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy
Default Re: Can u swim a worm and tiki stick fast?

If you want to fish something fast perhaps experiment with a grub
Mister Twister comes in all sorts of lengths, they the 3 inch texas rigged or on a grub jig head, throw is out and reel in like a crankbait
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-05, 09:34 PM   #3
OKie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to OKie

I know that tiki sticks work best when sitting. But if you do catch any when moving fast, tell me.
OKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-05, 10:41 PM   #4
Eddie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Eddie

you can swim a t-rigged worm and catch fish.a tiki-stick or any other senko type bait is meant to NOT HAVE ACTION PUT ON IT BY THE ANGLER!!!these baits have a built in shimmey as they sink.the best way to fish them is wieightless either t-rigg or wacky rigg.let them sink as if you were fishing a live worm.deadsticking them works great.after they hit bottom let them sit for a while.sometimes i will let them sit for 30 seconds.then pop the rod up and let them shimmey down again.any line movement indicates a strike so set the hook.good luck!!!
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-05, 10:46 PM   #5
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan

Try t-rigging a tiki with a 1/32 oz bull shot weight and fishing it back to the boat like a soft plastic jerkbait....just twitch it.....I didn't even think to dead stick a tiki.....lol....This technique works so well I nvr thought to try anything different....lol

Catch em up
Brian
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-05, 11:17 PM   #6
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

i only deadstick when a front moved in or the water is cold. idont have any kind of patience for this. most of the time when fishing tiki's i fish it weightless and slowly retrieve it till it comes to the top then let it fall. or i throw it to some cover like lilly pads and let it fall into any pockets in the vegitation, let it sit, twitch it a few times then reel it in. if you are going to reel it fast then bullet weight it with a heavy weight. the worm needs to stay down in the water. these baits will easily come to the surface unless it is weighted properly. i like to peg a bullet weight about 6'' above the worm and then reel fast and stop, reel fast then stop, etc., etc. the fish will usually hit on the fall.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-05, 11:33 PM   #7
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Absolutely not. Rule #179 in the bass fishing hand book, says that you can't use a bait for anything other than what it was designed for.

Just kidding of course. If everyone always followed the rules of fishing, we would never get any NEW techniques. I would prefer to use other baits, that would probaly be more effective IMO, but if you try it and it works, then it now a new technique for yourself. By the way the Bass have never read the Bassin rules as we like to apply them. So to them the only rule is hunger/anger/laziness. Bass set up ambushes so they don't have to travel all over chasing food. Of course when I come back with zero fish, I think they may have gotten a sneek peek at the rule book

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-05, 12:41 AM   #8
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Try a roller rig:

http://www.bassdozer.com/articles/senko-fishing.shtml

Scroll down to "The Simpler Swimming Worm"
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-05, 11:40 AM   #9
big_mouth
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to big_mouth

Personally it is my favorite way to fish worms. Not always the best though. I use it weightless t-rig and twitch it just below the water breaking the surface often with pauses that let it fall. It will produces fish fast and easy. Its weedless and goes through anything. Try a 6" trick worms. I like bubble gum. Good Luck
big_mouth is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.