Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-05, 10:53 PM   #1
Mook
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Mook
Default where to find a small jon boat

hi i am looking to buy a small used jon boat and i am not sure where to look. any suggestions? i have been looking in the paper shop for the past week but i am not finding anything i want. i think if i can't find one soon i am just going to buy a new one like the 10' pro fish for $500. the problum is i was hopping to find a used one for like $300 and then add a few things and a trolling motor. if i buy the $500 one i won't be able to add the stuff i like and a trolling motor for a while.

so what would you guys do? buy the new one and not be able to get a trolling motor for like a month or would you keep looking for a used one? and then have to extra money for a trolling motor and the few things i want to add?
Mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-05, 11:18 PM   #2
OKie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to OKie
Default Re: where to find a small jon boat

Get the new one!!! You can survive a month without trolling motor!
OKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-05, 01:23 PM   #3
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

where do you live? if you live in nevada.....i saw a post on another board for a steal deal on a jon boat with all the bells n whistles.............if you dont live in nevada.....either buy a new jon boat....or just find a used one.........im gunna buy a used when i get old enough.......as long as its in good shape....its the same thing minus the price 8)
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-05, 01:19 AM   #4
reddscott
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to reddscott

Ok first of all I bought a 14 foot jon boat fixed it up and its not in that great of floating shape... not that the boat is terrible but when i bass fish i dont like to be rocking around the boat... and its kinda rocky if its windy... so i'de suggest not going any smaller than a 16 ft boat make sure its WIDE.. i would just keep looking around for a used one.. you dont want to buy something you dont like or want out of desperation... just keep looking you will find one...

check out http://www.bassboats.com
http://www.probass.com
reddscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-05, 01:45 AM   #5
Tm_Customs

Ratltrap is lying he fishes out of his living room chair on his play station
Old 07-01-05, 02:02 AM   #6
Tm_Customs

Just doing what you do to all my posts. Ratltrap is not a real person he is fake and so are his pics
Old 07-01-05, 06:31 PM   #7
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

My brother in Law got an 18ft Jon Boat, it is 4.5 feet wide. We need to put the bench seats back in it. Then, we are goin to put the indoor outdoor carpeting(I think he said that) on it. We will be putting in a live well, and using the other compartment for a baitwell(most likely). I personally dont use livebait, but his kid soes and so does mom and his wife.
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-05, 06:37 PM   #8
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

i use a 16 foot double wide -84" wide bottom- very stable. i duck hunt out of it. of course i rarly fish out of it. cause i own a STRATOS bass boat.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.