Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-05, 04:27 PM   #1

Default back of boat

Just purchased a used Cajun Maverick bass boat before putting it in for the first time I'm checking things out one questions which has me baffeled is in the back of the boat right next to the drainplug is another hole with no plug in it. If I lift the cover in front of the motor where the batteries are I can see a hose maybe 1 1/2" running forward, but with out removing the seats I can't seem to see where it goes, so when putting the boat in the water why it won't take on water through this hole, got any ideas what it's for. It looks like it has a white upraised lip on it as it goes into the boat. All the other hoses from the live wells drain right into the bilges.
Old 07-08-05, 04:45 PM   #2
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman
Default Re: back of boat

RAY,
There should be two openings in the back of the boat besides the bilge drain (The one with the plug) One of the openings should have a screen or vented cover of some type. This is your livewell pump intake. The other opening is your livewell drain, and does not need to be plugged. I doubt very much that the livewell drains into your bilge or the boat would fill up with water. The only possibility is that someone has rigged the livewell to drain into the bilge and then installed an automatic bilge pump to pump the water out. Sounds kinda mickey mouse to me.

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-05, 06:54 PM   #3
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

Livewell intake as stated before, also if you aren't used to a livewell, if you put a fish in , make sure you keep the plug in the livewell from running to one spot to another, also have the aerate on or have it timed to come off and on, esp. on hot days,
Theres nothing worse than running down the lake and hearing the fish flopping in a almost empty livewell,
its happened to all of us over the years.
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-05, 11:48 PM   #4
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

I think it is the livewell drain-sounds like the setup I have. Just be sure to put the plug in the right drain hole-putting the plug in the livewell drain doesn't work too good for keeping water out of the boat. I found that one out the hard way ;D
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.