Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-05, 10:50 PM   #1
bassbum
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassbum
Default Glo in the dark

I just had this thought, are there any glo in the dark lures out there for deeper water? I was reading an early posts about depths and i thought well, maybe that's a neat idea. I don't believe i have seen any glo in the dark lures, or if i have i have overlooked them.

Sandra
bassbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-05, 11:19 PM   #2
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd
Default Re: Glo in the dark

There have been some that both glowed in the dark, and some that had battery powered lights in them. Â*I remember one that looked like a Rapala Shad Rap, and was called a "Water Wolf" I think. Â*It had glow in the dark eyes. Â*That one seemed to do ok, but like I said, it looked just like a #8 Rapala Shad Rap. Â*

It also seems to me that I've seen some recently that were made to take small lightsticks inside so they'd glow in the dark.

(Warning. Â*Long Boring Story to follow.)

The Battery Powered ones were real gimmicks. Â*They were so bad you couldn't hang them up in a bursh pile. Â*Back then I was helping out a buddy who ran a boat dealership, and he sort of sponsored me in my tournament fishing. Â*He called me one day all excited, and wanted me to cover over to the shop right now. Â*Well I went over there, and he called me back to his office and made me close the door. Â*He reached under his desk and came out with a box of lures and said "What do you think? Â*I'm going to be exclusive distributor for these in the area." Â*I laughed out loud. Â*

It was a bunch of those battery powered pieces of junk. Â*The lights would blink on and off, some of them played music and rang bells. Â*You never saw such junk in your life. Â*I asked him. Â*"You didn't PAY for this stuff did you? Â*You did take it on consignment didn't you?" Â*Sadly no, he had paid for them. Â*They were suposed to sell for about $25.00 bucks each. Â*This was in the late 80's or early 90's. Â*He couldn't give those things away. Â*Even when he sold them for $2.00 each, buy one get one free, he couldn't move them. Â*He probably sill has some.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-05, 11:51 PM   #3
basstard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to basstard

umm i havent heard of glow in the dark lures but theres a rattle trap ( in red only) with a red blinky light in its tail it works for me my buddie has the same ill send some pics when i get some
basstard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 12:14 AM   #4
bassbum
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassbum

I would think the battery powered lights would not do so good anyway, i am sure that the water would get into the batteries. I would like to see some of the glo in the dark lures. I think i will try to look for them next time i go to BPS.
Sandra
bassbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 12:17 AM   #5
basstard
BassFishin.Com Member

no not relly i have had the same one for about a mont now it still works GREAT but its up to u
Old 03-02-05, 12:37 AM   #6
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

i guess these are glo in the dark. looked on cabelas and bps and only came up with a few ok lures in cabelas then searched on google and came up with these. they look pretty good. but they have worms that come in glow in the dark cause i have seen them. ive seen alot more of them for deep sea fishin rather then bass fishin but nevertheless they do have them for bass fishin. i also believe they have a type of dip that u can dip a worm into to make it semi glo n the dark. i could be wrong just somthin ive heard.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 01:08 AM   #7
basstard
BassFishin.Com Member

hmmmm :-/ i wonder if those will work ...
Old 03-02-05, 01:31 AM   #8
gallenl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gallenl

A couple of years ago i bought a box of tackle at a yard sale for $7.00.It had 37 items.Some crankbaits , softplastics , spinner baits and buzz baits . All of which where new and still in packages . In the box was Riverside lures soft jerk baits,similar to a fluke . They are white with a chartuese tip. I have yet to try them.........but these thing glow very bright and for along time.

flippin4it
gallenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 04:41 AM   #9
bassmania25
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmania25

I did have a 4" worm poured with a clear top and colored metaflake and a glow in the dark back for a test run, I did catch a lot of fish on them then my worm guy sold his shop and i only have about 10 left. I do use them in night tournaments just need to shine the flashlight on them before putting in the water. Scott R
bassmania25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-05, 02:12 AM   #10
Big_Drew
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Big_Drew

There are glow (the green color) in the dark rattle traps, in both 1/4 oz. and 1/2 oz. sizes. I also use glow in the dark jig head paint for some of my crappie jig patterns. Been thinking of experimenting with it on some of my cranks...don't have an airbrush though and have no visual art skill. Don't want to screw up prefectly good baits. I did catch bass last year on the 1/4 oz. btw, haven't thrown the 1/2 yet just got them a week ago and water is still to cold in general for traps.
Big_Drew is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.