Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-05, 10:48 PM   #1
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Fishing Licenses for disabled

Well I was going to purchase my license this year on the NEW WEBSITE for it. While reading through regulations etc... I came across a Fishing License yearly fee for I think it was $2.75 for diabled folks, compared to $14.75 for a regular license. Now I've never really considered myself disabled, but obviously the US Army, and VA does(go figure right )., and no it's not mentally, like it should be . Anyway you can't order them on line so I called up, and they have to mail me a form. And as the kind lady was telling me, that a Lifetime hunting and fishing License is at a greatly reduced rate. I'm waiting for it in the mail, but anyone who is disabled, take a look at your state regs, you may find yourself in for a treat. Well Creekgeek I guess I might eat my words when I said no to the liftime license thing Anyway just a little tidbit for some of you. Zooker you should check into one if you don't already. Heck with your knees I'm sure the doc would write you up something.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 10:55 PM   #2
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Re: Fishing Licenses for disabled

no thanks lizard as long as i can walk -even with diffaculty at times- i don't want to be labled as a cripple. sorry i rather pay my money instead of a discount. as much as i fish it is well worth it.. although in this state a resident is able to fish in his home county with live bait with out a license.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 10:55 PM   #3
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mallard

wow, last year was about $22 here for full season. I'm not sure about disabled discounts... but I know there are senior discounts. (Fish free if you're under 16)
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 01:38 AM   #4
bassmaster1983
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmaster1983

Guys, how many of you from different states have to buy different fish licenses for different species? Here in Pa you need a trout stamp besides a regular license. Our cost went up this year also. I hope it doesn't go any further and they decide you need a specific license for every game fish. But in "PA the Land of Taxes" you never know.

Bob
bassmaster1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 02:13 AM   #5
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

My wife has a disabled fishing, hunting, and salt water license. $5.00 each for life in Virginia.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 10:10 AM   #6
Worm_King
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Worm_King

In Indiana you have to get a Trout/Salmon stamp for $9.25 on top of your regular fishing license ($14.25). Since I don't Trout or Salmon fish I don't worry about it.

In Lizards defense Indiana offers Disabled American Veterans a yearly license for $2.75. My feeling is that if you are a member of DAV you deserve the discount.
Worm_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 03:52 PM   #7
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

Â* Â* In KS you don't need a fishing or hunting license after you are 65. You do need a Federal duck/goose stamp and a deer permit.

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 04:08 PM   #8
housework101
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to housework101

If I were to be like i used to be I could easily wrap up $65.00 plus in license fee's.I mean Deer tag,fishing license.trout stamp,habitat stamp.
Now I just get the plain old fishing license,last year it was $17.50.
housework101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 04:40 PM   #9
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=JackL link=board=MessBoards;num=1109987317;start=0#6 date=03/05/05 at 13:52:05] In KS you don't need a fishing or hunting license after you are 65. You do need a Federal duck/goose stamp and a deer permit.

JackL[/quote]

That's the same for Florida, so my dad tells me. I was wondering if that is the same for NON-residents who also come into the state to fish and hunt, or do they need a license?

Lizards
Old 03-05-05, 10:36 PM   #10
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

LIZ,

I don't know about Florida, but I have to buy a full price out of state license in Texas and Missouri.

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 11:01 PM   #11
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

in jersey it's 33.50 w/trout stamp. Pa.non-resident just shot sky high this year.i had hoped to fish alot of pa.waters but i have to buy a N.Y.non-resident license this year.
pa.is doing what jersey fish&game did a couple years ago,shot themselves in the foot.they jacked up the licenses so less people bought them.now they don't know what to do.the answer is so simple but bureaucrats only see up.if they LOWERED the fees,i'm certain license sales would skyrocket.but that thought would never even enter their minds...while i'm on a roll,i think saltwater anglers should also be forced into paying for their fun like the rest of us.they could just have one license for fresh and saltwater..there's a novel idea.i only say this because monies collected through fish&game are used to build and maintain some ramps that are strictly saltwater.i have no use for a ramp like that.yet i pay for it.but even the saltwater boats can be trailered to a number of lakes.so......
ahhhh,jeez..somebody get the soapbox outta here.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-05, 12:35 PM   #12
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

tom they are trying to impose the same thing here in nc though i think they passed it they still have it tied up in courts-we all know how long that could take.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-05, 09:52 PM   #13
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

50% or more war dissabled 7.50 for life.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-05, 09:32 AM   #14
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Well got my info in the mail yesterday. Here's the breakdown for the State of Indiana. These are all Lifetime Licenses for my age group 0-49 years of age(unfortunately, I'm a lot closer to the upper end of that, then the lower end )

Basic Fishing $285
Basic Hunting $285

Comprehensive Fishing $427.50
Comprehensive Hunting $855

Comprehensive Hunting and Fishing(combined) $1154.25

The comprehensive gives me deer stamps, turkey stamps, and migratory waterfowl, and game bird habitat. No trapping or Federal Duck stamp. For fishing it covers trout and salmon stamps.

Indiana disabled price for the Comprehensive Hunting and Fishing is(drum roll please) $222.75 ;D ;D ;D

Guess which one I'm gonna get There is some forms to fill out, and VA actually has to sign off. I will start the process asap, in the meantime, if I decide to go fishing other than the coal pit(private, no license required) then I'll just go buy a yearly basic fishing license for $15. I would highly reccomend any who qualify to apply. THAT'S WHY IT'S THERE!

JackL,

It's also 65 years of age here for residents to not have to buy any [bFISHING[/b] license, which doesn't include any stamps. There isn't any freebies for the Hunting though, so you still have to purchase those :-/

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.