Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-06, 11:50 PM   #1
InEccess
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via ICQ to InEccess
Default Pittsburgh's Bassmaster Classic

Back during the Classic, I was wondering why none of the Pro's were fishing the power dams on the Mon. (Proof http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin...ead.php?t=4484 ) Today, at the annual Outdoor show at the Pittsburgh Expo Mart, I talked to a Pro who was there (not fishing) and asked him what happened. I told him how I fish Three Rivers and he said that's what alot of the pro's did during practice, one even caught an eight pounder off the dam. However, for the event itself, they turned off the damn so there was no overflow, and that's what killed the fishing.

Still, I'm gearing up for the Classic on Toho. It's like a second Superbowl for me. Just wanted to let everyone know what was up with the weak bass in Pittsburgh.
Old 02-19-06, 01:41 AM   #2
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

InEccess, how was the show? Any good deals on fishing items? I am going today?

Bob
Old 02-19-06, 02:44 AM   #3
InEccess
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via ICQ to InEccess

Well Bob, I'm sorry to say that the charter industry has basicly taken over the show. There's very few bass fishing stands there. On the plus, there is a class at 11am and 2pm on tournament bass fishing techniques. Today he covered some pretty basic spinnerbait topics (the vibration difference between the blades, the blade colors for different conditions). However, after the class, you can come up and talk to him. Real nice fellow, I wish I could remember his name. First question I ask was about tournament fishing in the area, and he walked me over to the Vice President of organized Bass Fishing of Pennsylvania. He then took down my name and phone number and will have the local chapterheads in my area (I'm assuming yours as well) to give me a call with more information. That was the best part of the show.
Old 02-19-06, 08:37 AM   #4
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

ineccess
noticed the same thing here for the 04 classic on wylie.

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.