Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-05, 03:20 PM   #1
pondfisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Who What!?

June 23, 2005

WEST POINT LAKE IS FULL, CLEAR & 84 DEGREES.

Bass fishing has been fair to good and several baits and patterns are working. Early and late use spinner baits and buzz baits in the shallows and shadows then get to the humps and use larger crank baits. Work the main lake humps and check out the rip rap on bridges and main lake points early morning and use a # 7 or # 5 Shad Rap in baby bass or shiner and the Leverage spinnerbait. There has been a good bite up lake in the cooler river waters but the river is very stained. Use larger Zoom Bush Hogs and green lizards on a Texas rig. The river points down lake have been best in the middle of the day and also use a 200 all white Bandit. Use the Lowrance and fish off the points out to 50 feet away from the banks and points on the main lake.

Hybrids are biting live and cut bait down lake on the deep humps and standing timber on the main lake below the railroad bridge

Crappie fishing has gone to the night bite. Live bait and bridges are the best bet at 11 feet or less.

I understand certain parts of this but a lot of it is baffling. What are humps? I know "rip rap" are rocks but what are "river points"? If anyone could put this into plain English I might catch something this weekend!
pondfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-05, 03:42 PM   #2
fishwitch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fishwitch
Default Re: Who What!?

humps would be an elivated bump out in the lake and a lake point is a point in the lake
like a finger of land higher that whats around it a *****ula under water from this report sounds like with a good fish finer u should catch fish be on the water at first light and get to them shallows and id bet money ud catch a fish then as it gets hotter move out into deeper water and look for elevated spots on the bottom and use larger crankbaits to get down to them if that dont work move up to the river but the water is muddy so use larger baits with darker colors
hope i was any help at all even tho i prolly wasnt lie and say i was plz lol
fishwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-05, 03:45 PM   #3
fishwitch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fishwitch

i dont know why it says thingyula instead of p-e-n-i-n-s-u-l-a
fishwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-05, 03:50 PM   #4
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

sniper pretty much covered it....river points are just land extending into the water where the river meets the lakes.....throw a lure up the river and let it come down and pass those points.......alot of times fish will hide out on the other side of those points and when bait comes from the river they use the points to ambush the bait. like sniper said....humps are changes in the bottom......it can be a 15' hump or a 1' hump........either way it will hold bass.......rip rap is rocks.....and can be used to describe other stuff like bunches of wood or grass.....
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.