Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-05, 12:01 AM   #1
mrs.bass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mrs.bass
Default Portable Fishfinders

I'm looking for the best portable fishfinder for around $150. I'm presently considering the Eagle Fisheasy 240 portable. Does anybody have any suggestions or experience with this particular model?
mrs.bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-05, 12:07 AM   #2
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich
Default Re: Portable Fishfinders

Welcome to the forum!

I haven't used one, but it looks like it would do the job. It has the features I want-surface temp, depth alarm, etc.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-05, 12:49 PM   #3
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

yes i have they are now being made by garmin. one of the better depth finders for the money. one question why are you needing it to be portable?

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-05, 02:47 PM   #4
mrs.bass
BassFishin.Com Member

I want a portable fishfinder because I don't own a boat. Every time I rent a boat with a fishfinder on it it never works.
Old 05-01-05, 03:56 PM   #5
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan
Default I really like it and Re: Portable Fishfinders

Moby, I have that exact model and it works fantastic. Better than the graph mounted on my boat.....lol.....I really like it and you should have good luck with it. Have fun!!!

Catch em up
Brian
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-05, 10:43 AM   #6
mrs.bass
BassFishin.Com Member

I've got my choices narrowed down between a Garmin Fishfinder 120 and an Eagle Fisheasy 240. Anybody got an opinion? ??? ??? ???
Old 05-14-05, 11:50 AM   #7
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan

[move]GO WITH THE EAGLE>>>>TRUST ME......lol[/move]

Really, I like it pretty well....It odes everything I ask of it, has a decent battery life and is very easy to use....That being said, I have never used the Garmin so it's still up to you. Good luck though.,.....I hope you choose the right one

Catch em up
Brian
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-05, 04:04 PM   #8
stoneman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to stoneman

This probably won't help much, but I use a Smartcast from Humminbird. I like it really well. I don't get water temp. but for fish size and location, as well as bottom structure, it works pretty well, and it's right in your price range. (I paid 159.00) Hope this helps, even though it's not the model you're looking into. Maybe it gives you another option. ;D
stoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 01:16 AM   #9
fool4bassin
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fool4bassin

ive seen 2 models at bass pro for smartcast the watch or the uhh lcd one the watch one was on sale for 99 dollars
fool4bassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 04:13 AM   #10
jd3hayes
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jd3hayes

[quote author=spinnrbate link=board=MessBoards;num=1114916475;start=0#7 date=05/14/05 at 15:04:25]This probably won't help much, but I use a Smartcast from Humminbird. Â*I like it really well. Â*I don't get water temp. but for fish size and location, as well as bottom structure, it works pretty well, and it's right in your price range. (I paid 159.00) Â*Hope this helps, even though it's not the model you're looking into. Â*Maybe it gives you another option. ;D[/quote]

Spinnrbate,

Do you have the wrist or rod mount? I have been thinking of getting this one and I'm leaning toward the rod mount. Thanks!
jd3hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 11:40 AM   #11
ChampioN
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ChampioN

Hi Guys,
I never used the fisheagle, but have been using the smart cast. I bought it at The Sports Authority in Legwood, NJ. The price was 169 or 189 but they matched the price from Wal Mart at 99. They make 3 models watch mounted, Pole mounted, and the biggest is a unit the is stand alone. It looks like a normal mouted boat unit. I got the big one. It has the best screen. The watch was way too small for me to see well, and the pole mounted changed the action of my rods. I also had to change the unit when I switched rods.
The unit I use the RF-10 works very well. I carry a heavy rod with me using some type of braided line or another. ( I test equipment for my job, so I have different lines and stuff) which I use to send the transducer out. I keep the receiver at my feet or on the boat seat. When a fish is found, the unit beeps and the fish icon appears on the screen. I have used this unit for the past few weeks. It works great.
My son and I fished a tournament last Saturday in Sout Jersey, the unit brought us a musky ( his first ever ) and some yellow perch, than it happened. I took a header on the boat and landed on my shoulder which I thought I broke. Could not move from bottom of boat, I was in a lot of pain. Just than the boat drifted over a school of about 10 fish. Pulled in our lines and headed for the hospital. Shoulder not broken, but ligaments pulled and torn. Just now moving shoulder a little. Still can't retrive a line but at least the smartcast still working.

ChampioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 03:28 PM   #12
redneck13
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to redneck13

I use a Hummingbird Pirhana portable and it does just fine.Very reasonable price also.
redneck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 10:20 AM   #13
danrw84
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to danrw84

Have you checked ou the Fishin' Buddy series yet? I can't recall who makes it but it some of the models give a side view as well. I've seen them in the BPS and Cabelas catalogs. Just a thought.
danrw84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.