Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-05, 12:11 AM   #1
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Rogue Rods

Well I got in my 2 new rods today also ;D They are absolutely terrific. They are exactly what I was looking for, and comparing them to my St Croix's and Gloomis, and Shimano, they are as good as any of them. They are definately light weight, and I love the action, both are 6'6" MH , with fast action. 1 is a casting rod, the other is a spinning rod. I look forward to using them on the water, hopefully this weekend. Here is a link to the site http://www.roguerods.com if you are in the market for a GREAT ROD, at a very good price IMO. Now if you are looking for a rod that won't ever break, under any circumstances, go look at the Ugly Sticks. These rods are superior, and lighter than most other rods, and can handle any Bass fishing, and the sensitivity appears to be as good as my St Croix, which is my favorite feature form them.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-05, 01:17 AM   #2
bassmaster1983
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmaster1983
Default Re: Rogue Rods

Lizards, do you like the St. Croix better than your Gloomis? I've got a St. Croix and a Kistler. I think I like the St Croix better.

Bob
bassmaster1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-05, 01:27 AM   #3
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-05, 07:06 AM   #4
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=bassinbob link=board=MessBoards;num=1112843501;start=0#1 date=04/07/05 at 00:17:59]Lizards, do you like the St. Croix better than your Gloomis? I've got a St. Croix and a Kistler. I think I like the St Croix better.

Bob[/quote]

Let me answer that in about 1 month. I've been a big fan of St Croix, but both the G-Loomis, and the Rogue Rods are newer o me. Thr Rogue rods, actually made the rod blanks for Kistler Helium's, but Kistler switched I believe 1 year ago.

PNJ,

I knew I'd get your response ;D But for my style of fishing, these are what I was looking for. Sorry you don't like them, but it won't change my mind on them. Only thing that could do that is if they perform poorly, which I doubt will happen.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-05, 02:12 PM   #5
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

personally, the reason i have never tried a st croix or loomis rod is because of the price tag, but now i use the fenwicks and dont intend to change my brand anytime soon. Fenwick Eagle GT 50$ HMX is 60$ and HMG is 70-80$, and techna av is 129$ These prices are from a local tackle shop. G-Loomis are 80-905 for the cheapest and St.Croix are around 129.00$ Ill stick with the fenwicks, but, when i start working i might buy one to try it out.
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-05, 09:36 PM   #6
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Lizards, I did like the Rogue flippin sticks. I had them built with no fore grip above the reel seat nut, and only a 5" cork handle tapered to the blank with a butt cap on the end I turned down on a lathe from aluminum stock.I demand alot out of a flippin stick, It could have been my fault , but I broke 2 rod tips about 4-6" off the tip.Again I could have been at fault, the braid line could have wrapped around the rod tip, I underhand flipped alot by holding the line allowing the jig to flip 360 degrees to generate energy before I released it where I wanted it to go.I found the Castaway Bud Pruitt flipping sticks are very simular to my personal preference, they have cork in front of the reel seat ,but only a 4" cork handle tapered to a wrapped rod blank and a Belly buster butt cap .They were $49.00 cheaper and are as sensitive feeling as the Rogues. I have not had any failure with any of the 3 Castaway rods I have, whether it be I have improved my flipping skills or its actually the change of braided line Brand that cured the problem.I personally have noticed a big difference between the braided brands, but I am not always correct and what suits me to a T may not be close to what someone else will prefer.Sorry for the long post.the faces were in reference to your comment about buying a Ugly stick. ;D P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-05, 02:14 AM   #7
RedShad
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to RedShad

I am glad you like it. I know you've just got a Shimano Calais 100- it is superb. Now what you need is a Scorpion 1000 MG on it. Â*Largemouth bass bite like striper that what we've been missing. Trust me ! Â*
RedShad is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.