Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-05, 03:04 PM   #1
gallenl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gallenl
Default Which bass will you always remember?

Tell use about the one you'll never forget, it does not have to be the biggest. Also,this is not a competition......

flippin4it

P.s. Ten thousand words or less.
gallenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-05, 06:47 PM   #2
bassbum
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassbum
Default Re: Which bass will you always remember?

Smallest bass ever.

I was casting a small beetle spin and i had a very small hit, i thought maybe a perch was hitting my lure. I reeled it in and there was this minnow looking thing. It ended up being a small blk bass and it had taken the lure with its mouth. It was prob an inch and a half long, smaller than my pinkie finger.
Sandra
bassbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-05, 07:55 PM   #3
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

See my post about bad dreams ;D
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-05, 09:08 PM   #4
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

actually i have had 2 of them one was a huge bass setting on a bed that for 3 days i tryed every lure and about 20 hours tring to catch this fish. she was rather large i would guess 10+ pounds and had all of her markings a very pretty bass. she never even showed the slightest intrest in any lure i put in her face even a lizard with enough garlic juice on it to slap kill a vampire. the second was a pond bass after catching weighing and releaseing a 9.3 pound bass i catch a larger bass which jumped once and broke me off -had dreams about this bass for weeks.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-05, 09:29 PM   #5
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

There are a couple bass I'll never forget. The one that will give me nightmares in years to come was about two months ago. I was throwing a black emerald trick worm t-rigged and pitched it right up next to a weedy island. the bass hit and it started peeling drag, it jumped a few times and I'd guess it was about 11lbs. Brought it right by shore and it snapped the line... *sigh*.
Also there was my first largemouth caught last march or april on a frog pattern jitterbug in a local lake. It was only about 1 1/2 lbs. but it was my first.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-05, 09:36 PM   #6
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

The last one.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-05, 09:52 PM   #7
gonefishy2002
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gonefishy2002

The very first one and the 8.3lber. i caught Sat. on light tackle. (Light action rod and 6# line).
gonefishy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-05, 09:57 PM   #8
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

Of course, my first keeper, which was 16" and caught 36 years ago on a Hula Popper. Plus a few others whose circumstances were a little different. One day at this pond I fish a lot, I walked over to a point where a guy was fishing on the left and I asked him if he minded if I fished the other side.

He said no, he didn't mind at all. So I cast a soft jerkbait (Slimy Slug) and it was just sinking, I hadn't yet started to work it, and then a fish nearly tore the rod out of my hand. It turned out to be a four-pounder which obviously grabbed the bait while swimming at a high speed away from me. Stuff like that just sticks with you.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-05, 10:50 PM   #9
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

Oh yeah, and those two fish that jumped out of the livewell in the Butler Chain tournament. :P
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-05, 11:29 PM   #10
Makitcnt4u
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Makitcnt4u

I was 5 years old and fishing for bluegill. The worm fell off my hook when I casted it out so I started to reel it in they I felt a fish on it. When I got it outta the water I saw that I had caught some weeds on the hook and a 3 inch long bass was trying to eat the weeds. I never knew that you could use a weed to catch a bass.
Makitcnt4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-05, 11:36 PM   #11
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

The one that had a small cottonmouth in it. I reeled it up to the side grabbed the lip and to my surprise there was something trying to get out. Im not sure what went farther the fish or me. Im now very jumpy when grabbing a large bass in an area where I know theres a heavy snake population. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 01:20 AM   #12
housework101
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to housework101

The first Bass my oldest son caught when he was 6,it was the most memorable moment in all the fishing I have ever done.
housework101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 02:13 AM   #13
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

The one I hooked into on the ST Johns river, that was the fish I was searching for. Never saw it, but it wrapped me around a big branch in about 10 feet of water. I ended up pulling the branch up, without the fish :'(

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 10:31 AM   #14
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

ofcoarse my first bass(caught omn the sawannee river under a fallen tree on a live night crawler). then there was the one that i caught on a black zoom trick worm it was about 4lbs and i had been fishing all day listening to my my friend brag that he actually caught something and i hadnt caught anything. he had caught a 4 or 5'' bass on a small lizard. well we went to a little creek channel and the my first cast i hooked a 4lb bass. all i could do is laugh cause he was speachless. niether of us caught anything the rest of the day.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 08:41 PM   #15
captain-hook
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to captain-hook

the bass i will never forget. Myself and my cousin were ice fishing on a little farm pond. We were both were 8 years old. We had a all are tip ups up for about an hour. we were have a cup of hot chocolate when i saw the flag. so i went running at it. By the time i got there it had seemed if the what ever hit was gone. So i set the hook any way and then the reel came a live again. At that point i was excited . after we got the fish up we weight the LM bass and it was six pounds even. That is the bass i will remember.
Burnzy
captain-hook is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.