Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-05, 10:08 PM   #1
keeb
BassFishin.Com Member

Default need help

hey i just fished this sun and i was using a balsa b bass bomber thing and every time i had a bass i would jump and the lure would come flyin off any plz and does that lures have a rattle in it b/c mine doesnt and i dont understand how fish can hear it
Old 05-15-05, 10:10 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: need help

huh? learn to spell and use punctuation.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 11:28 PM   #3
keeb
BassFishin.Com Member

ok never mine its a bagley balsa b and when the bass hit it and im reeling it in and they jump out of the water the lure comes flying out of its mouth
Old 05-15-05, 11:34 PM   #4
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

That happens with crankbaits. First, when you see the fish heading up, drop your rod tip. Stick it in the water if neccessary-you want to keep it's head down. Second-make sure your hooks are sharp. If they are not sharp enough to dig into your fingernail with only a slight amount of pressure they need to be sharpened. Dull hooks are easier for the fish to throw because you don't get a solid hookset to begin with.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 11:43 PM   #5
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

I really want to commend you for your intrest in proper spelling and punctuation. Most teenagers could care less. If it sounds somewhat close it is good enough for them. The first couple years I corrected people for thier spelling and punctuation, but after a while I felt like I was fighting a losing battle.
I may poke fun at you from time to time, but it is just my way of livening things up. Keep up the good work, they may listen to one of thier peers, where they would not listen to an old fart like me.

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 11:49 PM   #6
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

dont know if you are being serious, but i just like to understand what he says. it looks like he is talking about the sun, then a crankbait. then he says ''the lure would come flyin off any plz and does'' what does that mean??? anyways, he doesnt care about spelling right, and i no longer care about replying to his posts.
Old 05-16-05, 05:26 PM   #7
daveraynor
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to daveraynor

They come off of crankbaits easy. When you get the fish on hold your rod tip down so they won't jump as much and keep a tight line.
daveraynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 08:31 PM   #8
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

[quote author=JackL link=board=news;num=1116205693;start=0#4 date=05/15/05 at 22:43:56]02,

I really want to commend you for your intrest in proper spelling and punctuation. Most teenagers could care less. If it sounds somewhat close it is good enough for them. The first couple years I corrected people for thier spelling and punctuation, but after a while I felt like I was fighting a losing battle.
I may poke fun at you from time to time, but it is just my way of livening things up. Keep up the good work, they may listen to one of thier peers, where they would not listen to an old fart like me.

JackL[/quote]
Tsk, tsk. Commendation coming from a self-described "old fart" who twice spelled "their" as "thier." (Couldn't get smiley to work).
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 08:35 PM   #9
keeb
BassFishin.Com Member

ok les plz stop with the puncutaion thing. i no im not good at it.
Old 05-16-05, 08:37 PM   #10
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

crankbaits and spinnerbaits get thrown by bass the most out of all the baits. the thing you have to do is anticipate the jump, and lower the rod tip. keep the line as tight as possible. then when you have the fish under controll, you can raise your rod again.
Old 05-16-05, 08:47 PM   #11
keeb
BassFishin.Com Member

ok i guess thats what it might be because i always have the rod tip up. i'll try what you've told me.
Old 05-17-05, 02:38 PM   #12
redneck13
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to redneck13

It's been said,but dropping the rod tip to the water's surface and keeping the bass's head down will increase your hook to land ratio.
redneck13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.