Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-05, 09:21 PM   #1
lil_bill_dance
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to lil_bill_dance
Default This Might Start Something New !

I received this email today from a teacher in CA, We are going to look around the warehouse and in the tackle box and send a few items. This would be an excellent opportunity to start something new with kids.

E-Mail: MROSALES@FJUHSD.K12.CA.US

Comment or Question: To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Manuel Rosales. I am the Dean of Attendance at La Habra High School. The reason that I am writing this letter is because I am starting a fishing club on campus. I felt that there was a great interest in fishing at my school. More importantly, I wish to use fishing as a way to get teenagers excited about education. As the Dean of Attendance, my job is to get kids into classrooms. This has proven to be a rather difficult task! I know that not every student is college bound and that not every student loves their English or math class. This is why I have always known as an educator that providing something interesting to “hook” and “reel” kids into school is extremely important. I know that La Habra High School’s fishing club will get some students to actually like coming to school. In turn, once they are on campus and in class, they are most likely to experience academic success.
I believe that fishing serves various purposes. Yes, it’s a great recreational activity. That is one of the reasons why I have been fishing for nearly all of my life. However, fishing and other outdoor activities like it also expose our youth to sensitive issues such as environmental conservation. I work at a school where most students will never have the opportunity to experience quality and memorable fishing.
This is where you can play a significant role in helping me provide my students with an unforgettable experience. I was wondering if your company would be able to help our fishing club in any way possible. Monitory donations are mostly needed, but any type of donation will be accepted. The donations will be used to fund the various fishing outings that the club will plan. For instance, this summer we plan to charter an entire boat so that the students can have fun, learn about the environment, and fish at the same time. However, this will be an expensive experience. Additionally, finding a way to provide fishing poles, line, hooks, etc. for the students will be rather challenging. There are other similar trips that we hope to make reality. This will provide La Habra High School’s students with an experience that will hopefully get them hooked on fishing instead of other things like drugs.
Regardless of your decision to assist La Habra High School’s fishing club or not, thank you for taking the time to read this message. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future
lil_bill_dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 09:25 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: This Might Start Something New !

i would love to have a fishin club in my school. i wish i could donate but i dont have anything that i dont use :-/ its good that ur gunna help out tho
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 09:34 PM   #3
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

i was asked to start a fishing club at the school where i work.i got in touch with fish and game for literature on how to get the ball rolling.i e-mailed them.got a response thst i sent it to the wrong person,but they will forward it to the correct dept.never heard from them again.i'll try again next year.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 10:09 PM   #4
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

TOM
They were afraid you would try to get them involved and they would actually have to work.

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-05, 12:05 AM   #5
Big_Drew
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Big_Drew

I would check the guy out before I did anything. If your thinking that I don't have trust in strangers, you are right at least when it comes to asking for handouts. Do a backround check on the guy and his story before ya do anything else. If he checks out then go's balls out cause that would be a great way to get kids straying off the right track back on it. Gives them something more to appreciate in life and such.
Big_Drew is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.