Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-05, 11:17 PM   #1
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1
Default t-rig senkos

Does anyone here t-rig senkos with a 1/8 oz bulletweight? In my last tournament the angler up front was doing his quite a bit (didn't get anything). Normally when I think of senko techniques, I think wacky rigs or wightless rigs. Does anyone else do this, and how does it work. I figure if you're gonna do it might as well use something a lot cheaper like a mann's dragin worm.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 12:07 AM   #2
Basser
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Basser
Default Re: t-rig senkos

yes i have, only caught a few fish though. if you want to use a weight, i like to use a jig head(if Poss.) its gives the bait a more erratic action, also use a c-rig w/ a long leader in grass., but my fav. way is weightless... OO BOOYY!!
Basser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 12:38 AM   #3
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Only on a roller rig:

http://www.bassdozer.com/articles/swimming-worm.shtml
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 08:28 PM   #4
DelawareBass-R
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to DelawareBass-R Send a message via MSN to DelawareBass-R

i started doing it when i went to south fla. cuz i didnt have the patience to wait for it to sink so i put a 1/8oz sinker on it and caught over 20 fish, most were in the 1-2lb range but i caught 2 that were 3some, 2 that were 4 some and the biggest was 7something. I wieghed all these fish on a digital scale and my best 5 were right around 20lbs. one of the best days ive ever had. I havent tried it here on the rivers i fish but i plan on it this sunday and ill let yall know how i do with it. But i think when these fish are a little deeper they arent used to seeing this style of worm on a texas rig because most people fish this style worm in water 10ft and less and weightless and thats why they eat it. yamamoto Senkos have a faster fall rate than most other senkos so ive been using the tiki sticks for the texas rigging.
Old 03-03-05, 03:19 AM   #5
inland27
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to inland27

I must note that I seem to catch fewer, but larger fish with t-rigged senko. It might be because I use it this way when I need it weedless. If I could get the wacky rig in those weedy situations, then it might work as well or better. As far as weighting a senko, I don't. Seems like it defeats the purpose, but anythings worth a try.

Boldt
inland27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-05, 08:49 AM   #6
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=Humboldt link=board=news;num=1109729829;start=0#4 date=03/03/05 at 01:19:16]

I must note that I seem to catch fewer, but larger fish with t-rigged senko. It might be because I use it this way when I need it weedless. If I could get the wacky rig in those weedy situations, then it might work as well or better. As far as weighting a senko, I don't. Seems like it defeats the purpose, but anythings worth a try.

Boldt[/quote]

Try to t-rig the senko/senko knockoff with the eye being in the middle of the bait, and rigged weightless like a regular t-rig. I will still give you the wacky rig look, but a lot more weedless. The biggest problem, is that it will sometimes catch where the hook eye is but it's a heck of a lot better than nothing. I have used this and it does help. But I prefer to t-rig them normally. Quite honestly I believe there to be better baits for vegetation.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-05, 11:16 PM   #7
Big_Drew
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Big_Drew

Alot of guys up here T-rig senkos' Â*more than they fish them weightless. Â*Most use an 1/8 to 1/4 oz. weight and it does work quite well. Â*I Caught 3 fish in 30 minutes in december using an 1/8 oz. bullet weight 2- 4lb. and 1-3lb fish...then had to go home. The water temp was about 36 to 40 degrees. Â*The next weekend I went back and it had frozen over. Â*Rassafrassasfrassaras.
Big_Drew is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.