Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-05, 12:16 AM   #1
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1
Default Fishing super-clear water

This weekend I'm going to go fishing and camping up in ocala for my friends b-day party. We're going to be fishing a spring run with superclear water and bedding bass. Any tips for fishing superclear water, other than jsut the basics.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 12:19 AM   #2
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich
Default Re: Fishing super-clear water

Natural colors and downsize-other than that just the basics. I wouldn't use braid unless you use a leader.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 01:12 AM   #3
eyes
BassFishin.Com Active Member

In addition to what Rebbasser said, I would suggest using flourocarbon in as low as 8# test if you can get away with it, and moving your lures slightly faster than you normally do to disguise them (especially if your using a spinnerbait or soft jerkbait).
eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 07:32 AM   #4
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=HulaPopr link=board=news;num=1111115763;start=0#0 date=03/17/05 at 22:16:03]This weekend I'm going to go fishing and camping up in ocala for my friends b-day party. We're going to be fishing a spring run with superclear water and bedding bass. Any tips for fishing superclear water, other than jsut the basics.[/quote]

If it's a creek or river we are talking about here, Bass Flies would be a good choice IMO. Or of course crawdad type baits, are one of the main forage for bass in these areas.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 11:30 AM   #5
windingriver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to windingriver

Use the lightest line you can get away with, and smaller baits, in natural colors, use the more translusent type colors, like smoke, would probably be a good choice.
windingriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 05:17 PM   #6
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

Thats a no can do on the line thing. I'm leaving in an hour and I don't have any money to get line anyway. I'm using cajun red, so ti should disappear in a few feet of water.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 05:31 PM   #7
gonefishy2002
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gonefishy2002

Where in Ocala Hula? Translucent tubes,in clear (yes clear)or green or red tones are good in that area for bedding bass especially. Try a floating jerkbait early in the morning. I've found gold to work well in the oklawaha and salt springs and some of the other spring runs off of the St.Johns.
gonefishy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 05:57 PM   #8
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LEVI

Hula,
If the cajun line is all you have then that will do, but I don't believe in crystal clear water that it is going to disappear like you say it will. For baits go with natural colors like everyone else has said, be sure and check around the area and see what kind of forage is around. As the fly fisherman say "match the hatch" (for example if you see frogs use a frog immitator or frog colored bait). And most importantly have fun ;D!

Kybasser
LEVI is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.