Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 03-03-05, 09:57 PM   #1
bassmaster111
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmaster111
Default WHO IS READY FOR LACROSSE

Lacrosse is comming up, you gotta watch the toughest sport out there
bassmaster111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-05, 10:54 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: WHO IS READY FOR LACROSSE

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh can u say preppy boys playin with each others sticks ;D i dont care for lacrosse. the guys at my school who play it are real f*gs. ive been in a fight or 2 with them and im undeafeted so far the game doesnt appeal to me
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-05, 11:00 PM   #3
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

Lax is a pretty cool sport. I did it last year and its a fun game to watch, fast paced with a lot of hitting, and plenty of goals. Only problem, as bf said, is that most of the kids that play it at my school are a bunch of rich snobby a**holes. Plus I'd rather spend my money on fishing gear than lacrosse gear.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-05, 11:24 PM   #4
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

Snobs play Lacrosse, but if we are just talking about the sport I think its interesting. It doesn't really offer anything that football doesn't though, and that is why it has never really caught on.

Football is the perfect sport in that the premise is simple and direct, yet also it happens to be an art form. I love football because of the hitting - the whole idea of lining up and blowing the other team off the ball. I just hope that the higher ups don't water it down too much with that weak-@ss west coast passing crap. I like the wisbone, triple option and all that.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 01:27 AM   #5
bassmaster111
BassFishin.Com Member

its the only sport ive played that you have to be in motion the whole time or else your gonna get knocked on your a**. Im not sayin football is a dumb sport, i enjoy watching it, but when you stand around for a min then play for like 10 seconds just doesnt cut it for me but thats my opinion. I like it too bcuz its alot like hockey, another sport i also play.
Old 03-04-05, 09:26 AM   #6
ryan7261
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryan7261

I come from the lacrosse capital of the world as they call it "Peterborough" I played fo years as a goalie, my two older brothers played semi pro, before they had the N.L.A . but I love it and our Toronto rock rules!

Robby.

And lacrosse has been around way longer than any sport in north america!, You could say it was north americas first sport. Thanks to the native americans.
ryan7261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 05:38 PM   #7
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

ehh... nah guys running around with darth vader helmets whackin each other with a stick sounds like zero fun. personally i like rugby -think back yard foot ball-no padding, no helmits, lots of stitches. there is no foul till blood flows. ;D although it is played by mostly over rich pretty boys, ya still have to agree they are nuts enough to actually like doing it....

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 05:59 PM   #8
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

I must be toooo American, because I have no facination with Lacrosse, or Rugby. Give me Football, and Basketball, and I'm as happy as a fly on tater salad

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 06:03 PM   #9
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

[quote author=ROBZILLA link=board=Tourneys;num=1109897853;start=0#5 date=03/04/05 at 07:26:13]I come from the lacrosse capital of the world as they call it "Peterborough" I played fo years as a goalie,

Â*Robby.

[/quote]

That explains a lot. ;D
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 06:49 PM   #10
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

ya, i dont like to play rugby cause its really conmfusing and u kick it to score or somthing. i love to play back yard football along with regular football. and im ok in basketball but theres not enough hitting for me. alltho somtimes while playing basketball ill change it up a bit and hit some people
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 10:22 PM   #11
bassmaster111
BassFishin.Com Member

i agree jungle ball just doesnt have enough contact
Old 03-04-05, 10:38 PM   #12
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=bassin4ever link=board=Tourneys;num=1109897853;start=0#10 date=03/04/05 at 20:22:38]i agree jungle ball just doesnt have enough contact [/quote]

Are you guys watching the same thing I am? Did you see Jermaine O'Neal from the Pacers dislocate his shoulder. Do watch how the folks beat up each other under the Basket. It may not be hit you in the face, but it's definately a contact sport nowadays. The other advantage is that it takes a whole bunch of Coordination, and Athleticism to be superior in this game. Not just muscles and a hard head All I here from you guys is you like hitting others. Fine go jump in the ring with worn out decrepid Mike Tyson, I'm sure he's so old and outa shape you could take him in 30 seconds flat. A good handgun, will stop any muscle bound idiot who tries to be bigger than himself. Please keep that in mind, when you get into your next fight.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 05:20 AM   #13
bassmaster111
BassFishin.Com Member

when we say hitting we mean laying a good check on somone its hockey and lacrosse slang atleast thats what i mean when i say it, and the only time i saw contact in bball in a long time was when those idiots got into that fight with the fans. I saw that guy dislocate his shoulder, didnt look that bad to me, could have been one of those weird injuries.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.