Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-05, 09:24 PM   #1
ryan7261
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryan7261
Default Have You Ever......

Ok I kinda got pissed today, I got a call from this guy who said he got my number from a friend. Turns out this friend of "mine" told this guy that I have all my bass holes marked on my G.P.S and would sell the spots to help him fish some tourny's this year! >

Now this kinda made me mad:

1st. this guy who gave him the info is or was my fishing partner!

2nd. the audacity of this guy phoning me was outrageous all together!

So I told him after I talked to my buddy I would get back to him. So I called "MR. Friend" and said what the hell.... needless to say I'm looking for a new partner! Then he says he wants half the info "we collected together"

So I took my G.P.S and downloaded it then I gave him all new info with the wrong locations where he will catch d!#k all.

What would you have done, is this going over the edge.Or would you be pissed too? ???

Robby.
ryan7261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 09:53 PM   #2
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich
Default Re: Have You Ever......

Yeah, Robby-that is over the edge. I'd be pissed, too.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 10:23 PM   #3
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

ROB,
I would have told him "SUE ME" to see if it was worth enough to him to spend the money on a lawyer to prove that he had any right to the information that YOU put into YOUR gps. Chances are the Judge would have told the atty. that it was a frivilous law suit and threw it out of court.

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 10:26 PM   #4
fisherwoman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fisherwoman

not the guy who phoned fault, he was told you would sell. fault is ex fishing bud.
i'd give him jack, if it was collected by both of you he should have recorded the marks that were important himself, you did!

did you fish comps with this guy?maybe the caller was his new partner?? mmuuuuwwaaaaahhhahahahaha(evil laugh)
fisherwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 10:56 PM   #5
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I would be pissed too. Â*What you need to do is call the guy back, find out what tournament he is going to fish and then report him for cheating. Â*That is the reason they have practice days, so people can find their own spots to fish. Â*People like that is what causes alot of good bassfisherman to get discouraged and stop fishing tournaments, or even worse. Â*Stop fishing at all.

This reminds of a story I read on another forum. Â*A guy was putting out some trees to make a crappie hole and right after he dropped them, and a$$hole come over and started punching in the coordinance on his GPS. Â*When the guy was asked if he was having any luck, he just replied "I will from now on." Â*If it were me, the guy would have been pulling a crankbait out of his lips after a remark like that.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 11:06 PM   #6
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

If I'm not mistaken, the new rules in B.A.S.S. is that you can't pay, recieve or get any information from any locals, guides, etc... You must find your own spots, from prefishing. If you know the lake then great, but any attempt to gain information from anyone other than yourself is now against the rules. Now if I'm correct(which I could be wrong) And this fellow fishes any B.A.S.S. events he is direct violation of the rules. As for your partner, well if that's how you boys across the border treat friends, I would much prefer to stay on my side of it. Sounds pretty dirty and cheap on both the caller and the partner to me. I would walk away and start kicking their butt in the tourneys you fish. Let your fishing show them the proper way to go about things. And that's bust your butt, to know where, when, and how to catch fish. If they were that good, they wouldn't need your GPS coordinates anyway. How often does the homeboy actually win these tourneys anyway? Not nearly as much as you would think. Why because the great ones, can get to any water, and within a couple of days of prefishing, dissect it, and know where to be, and at the right time, with the right baits.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 11:56 PM   #7
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

with me it is don't even think about it. i have many places marked i also know alot about certain lakes. i fish a certain hump it has a ditch running through it one side is 6 feet deep the other side is 8 feet deep. it drops almost insantly to 45 feet on the high side and 82 feet on the deep side. and before ya ask it is 1/2 mile from any bank and has no bouy on it..this hump is not marked on my gps but i am well aware of it's location.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-05, 12:12 AM   #8
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=zooker link=board=MessBoards;num=1111191848;start=0#6 date=03/18/05 at 21:56:18]with me it is don't even think about it. i have many places marked i also know alot about certain lakes. i fish a certain hump it has a ditch running through it one side is 6 feet deep the other side is 8 feet deep. it drops almost insantly to 45 feet on the high side and 82 feet on the deep side. and before ya ask it is 1/2 mile from any bank and has no bouy on it..this hump is not marked on my gps but i am well aware of it's location.

zooker [/quote]

Which lake was it that they had the tourney last year that you fish? And wasn't it you that said I can't believe the bags of fish they were bringing in during the tourney? I understand your spot is sacred, but would you have beaten the pros during the tourney, fishing your spots? As I recall you said you had never had a limit like that, and fished it many times not just 1 week. Don't get me wrong I consider you a very good fisherman with tons of knowledge in that red head of yours. But being local many times means stuck on cetain spots becasue they always seem to produce. Most of the times, the BIGGER bass are where you aren't so the pro's find em and catch em, otherwise how could they do what they do everytime out. These are of course the GREAT ONES, there are tons of what I would consider average pros, and on my best day I doubt I could compete with the lowest level guy

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-05, 12:14 AM   #9
bassmaster1983
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmaster1983

Yea i would be upset also. I agree with bassbooger. I cannot see cheating as any fun. Also i hope he doesn't catch any fish in the wrong locations you gave him.

Bob
bassmaster1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-05, 04:03 PM   #10
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

lizard it is with out a dout my most consitant spot on this lake i know i can pull up fish 10-15 minutes catch at least one bass every time. and be gone to a differant spot. it is a spot well worth finding and keeping a secret. the bonus is i have never seen any one fish this spot other than some striper fisherman.-they tend to skirt it-

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-05, 12:56 AM   #11
bassmania25
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmania25

wow zooker dont know how to respond to that, obviously hes not a real fisherman. I have many people I fish with, and against. We discuss strategies lure colors etc, but never has anyone asked me to give up my spots. I did have a fish partner taht fished backseater with me once, call me once and ask if i was gonna fish a specific tourney, and i said no, he then asked if it was ok for him to fish one of my spots. absolutely hope it worked out for him. thats how friends and partners respect eachothers water. Scott R
bassmania25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-05, 02:38 AM   #12
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20

I wouldnt have givin him the info. A right cross maybe....

You're better off without that kind of "partner"

Charles
BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-05, 03:39 AM   #13
eyes
BassFishin.Com Active Member

ROBZILLA, I would have been upset too with this so called "friend". As far as this guy who called you for the info, that's bull****! I hate it when other people want to capitalize on something when you put all the work in. Most of the time it's because they are too lazy to put the time in themselves. I recently paid $129. to go to a BassMaster University Seminar, and a guy in my club wanted me to xerox the notes I took for him to read. This was after he had the chance to go with us to the seminar, but chose not too. Needless to say, I laughed at him!
eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-05, 05:42 AM   #14
dave_in_fl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to dave_in_fl

My question is how much was he willing to give for these GPS points? if he had more money than sense i might have given him all but the Best of the Best points. ;D
dave_in_fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-05, 12:53 PM   #15
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

Sorry. I don't see it as "cheating" (unless there was a B.A.S.S. tournament involved). He was told you had something to sell. You corrected his misinformation. He went away. Now, I'd be annoyed at my "buddy" who made the offer to sell something that didn't belong to him, but the other fellow didn't do anything wrong. No more wrong than me walking up to you at the ramp with a map and asking you for some help. You can either help me or not.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-05, 01:06 PM   #16
ryan7261
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryan7261

Ohh the guy that asked me for the info fishes against me. He figures since I might not be able to fish this season (competivley) he would use the info, so I said"what about when I come back you'll still know the spots!" then he got the idea. He didn't sound like he thought the whole thing through!. as for the soo called friend he never navigated the boat once I picked all the areas by studying the maps and trial and error. So now he has location (which I gave him) that has no cover what so ever and no fish have been caught for some time![glow=red,2,300]MMMMUUUAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! [/glow]

Robby.
ryan7261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-05, 01:59 PM   #17
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan

I like the way you handled it Robby.....Very nice ;D

Catch em up
Brian
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.