Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-05, 05:36 PM   #1
bassmaster1983
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmaster1983
Default BassMasters

The Bass Master's are coming to Pittsburgh this year. I live right out side of Pittsburgh. Would like to know the ins and outs of attending one of these as a spectator. What can I expect to see on different days. I think the weigh in's are going to be at the Civic Arena, a large domed building. Do they charge to attend any of these events? Is it appropriate to try to talk with any of the pros? Also I watched ESPN and on one show they talked about how fishing rivers is a waste of time for the big tournaments. Well my friend happened to talk with one of Pittsburghs' Rescue diving team. He told my friend that he has seen many 10lb. bass swimming in our three rivers. Years ago I had a chance to catch one of these bass but lost it at the boat. The diver said a lot of them swim right around their dock. I prefer lake and pond fishing but might give the rivers a try after the tourney.

Bob
bassmaster1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 05:38 PM   #2
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Re: BassMasters

Never been to one, but I envy you for the chance.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 08:04 PM   #3
gammarama
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gammarama

They don't usually charge admission. The life members get the best seats though! They usually have a very good Outdoors Show with all the latest tackle, gear and gadgets. Their will be alot of pros (that do not make the classic) at the show that will be working the booths and giving seminars and demonstrations. Talk to all of the pro's. Most of them are very good guy's. A few peckerheads. You should have a very good time!
gammarama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 08:17 PM   #4
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

Flippin has it pretty well covered. Â*For more information go to:

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmast...factsheet.html

By the way. If you are old enough, and are a member of the Pennsylvania B.A.S.S. Federation, they will be looking for volunteers to help put on the tournament. Everything from picking up trash to driving the tow trucks and launching the boats. I did it for two years when the Classic was in Richmond, Va. in the 89 and 90. It was a blast. As close as I'll ever get to being "in the show". Contact the Penn. B.A.S.S. Federation for more information, or go to the B.A.S.S. Homepage and look for a "Classic" volunteer. (They do pay the truck drivers. It's in "Bass Bucks". Not much but we could either take the cash at the end of the event, or we could trade it for a life membership to B.A.S.S.. I took the cash since I was already a life member.)

As a matter of fact if there is a B.A.S.S. event of any kind in your area, they always need volunteer help. It's a lot of fun. I also got a chance to help "bump fish" at a Buggs Island top 150. Yes, it's grunt work, but it's still a fun way to spend a few days.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 01:24 AM   #5
Berg
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Berg

I can not beleive that they are coming to pittsburgh. I have fished with quite a few of them and they all are awesome to hang out with.
Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 08:24 PM   #6
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

then how come it coast me 15 bucks to get in to the weighin at charlette? they also charge for parking -$5-$10-i parked in my friends yard and walked the block and a half to the 'seum. it was pretty cool my bait monkey dam near gave me a concusion from beating me on the head screaming BUY!!!!! my advice is take about as much money as you would if you went to bps.that and sign up for every give away they have -why not-and while your at it add my name to one of the free boats they give away -i think they gave away 25 bass rigs last year..

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-05, 12:24 AM   #7
bassmaster1983
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmaster1983

Just remind me to sign your name zooker and i will. I can't believe they give away so many boats. Is that to anyone who attends? Also you bet I am going to save up to feed the monkey. I know there isn't too much free parking in downtown Pitts. Cajun, if i don't work that weekend i am going to see about volunteering as long as it doesn't interfere with winning a boat. LOL.

Bob
bassmaster1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-05, 11:52 AM   #8
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

You better get your name in early if you hope to volunteer. Â*Needless to say they have a lot of people who want to help.

Zook, I've never heard of B.A.S.S. charging anything for the events. Â*Parking is another matter, that's usually handled by the normal private business that handle that, but I've never heard of any kind of "admission" to anything around any B.A.S.S. event. Â*Of course I haven't been to one since '91 in Baltimore.

Was this at the one that's going on in Charlotte now?
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-05, 09:45 PM   #9
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mallard

I'd rather be fishing.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-05, 03:21 AM   #10
eyes
BassFishin.Com Active Member

bassinbob, I envy you! I live 10 minutes from Hartford, CT. Needless to say I was quite upset when I heard that Hartford lost the bid to host the 2005 Classic. >
I still plan on flying into Pittsburgh for the event, but it would have been nicer to have had my boat out on the water as a spectator on my home river instead.
eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-05, 12:52 PM   #11
kentuckybasser
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to kentuckybasser

all i can say is go as many days as possible! i went everyday when it was in chicago, the outdoor show was awesome, the weigh in's were awesome, plenty of bass fishing top dawgs walking around everywhere! soak it all in, cause it will NEVER be in pittsburg again.
kentuckybasser is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.