Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-08, 09:31 AM   #1
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Ever heard of ProTech in Tano VA

Lin Bell is a long time friend and supplier of the most impossible baits to find. I talked to him last night about some Ricos and Splash-it II s and he tells me that his connection has got some awesome baits new for this year. Apparently he went to a tackle show in Japan and found some interesting stuff. Swimbaits and a whole bunch of other stuff that may be a long time before Walmart picks them up.

Any way he is at the Timonium Fishing Expo again this year and I am looking forward to some of his unique finds.. I get to look and buy before you guys since I am in the show..

Speaking of WalMart: I have noticed that they are slowly moving out of the tackle business.. The last five I have been in all have 1/4 the size tackle area now. And guns are gone at most.. I think it is a bad move my self..

Kinda ironic though: Big box moves in and puts tackle shops out of business and then closes there own tackle shop.

Capt Mike
Old 01-08-08, 11:27 AM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I think it may be a regional thing, the walmart here is the same, and just 10 miles west of here at richmond the tackle at that walmart store is bigger and better than ever.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-08, 12:24 PM   #3
bigbasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigbasser
Thumbs up baits

Be sure to check out Wacky Worm at the Timinoum show, their bringing some NICE looking New baits.
bigbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-08, 03:53 PM   #4
Captmikestarrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbasser View Post
Be sure to check out Wacky Worm at the Timinoum show, their bringing some NICE looking New baits.
I called yesterday and placed my order. I love those worms..

Capt Mike
Old 01-08-08, 05:24 PM   #5
3dkicker

As yes, Lin Bell, the master at selling $25 Japanese baits.....Lin has an excellent assortment of Bandit Cranks and can still get the American made ones from Tenn. Not the cheap imitations made overseas.
Lin always has some interesting stuff. I check out his booth and chat with him every time I can.
Wacky Worm - the king of plastics. Bulk worms at discount prices and usually have some great stuff but you got to get there early (Thursday) to get the good stuff. Just a little side note for you Berkley fans. Wacky Worm wanted to buy 60,000 ribworms a couple years ago and Berkley turned them down. Now Berkley has eliminated the 4" worms. You have to buy them in 10 packs for $4 a bag if you can find them.
I've switched to YUM.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.