Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-05, 11:25 AM   #1
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan
Default Spinnerbait Tricks

Figured I would make a post about how I fish spinnerbaits, ans some subtle things I have found that make them just a little more effective. I'm sure most of you already know some of this stuff, but I think it will be helpful to beginners. Anyway.......

These are a couple examples of the type of spinnerbait I like to use. My favorite technique is taking the Booyah Mini Shad (the one with 3 blades) adn bumping it up against a log or stump. As soon as it hits, I immediately let it drop. This drives bass crazy. This is an effective way to fish a spinnerbait because that deflection casues those 3 blades to fly everywhere like a school of minnows breaking up. The bass sees this as his last chance to get this easy meal and he just socks hard.

The second pic is just a typicle 2 bladed one...I still like the Booyah, but your personal preference is what you personally should through. It's all about CONFIDENCE. Anyway, with these types of sbaits, I like to reel them 5 feet and then give a real erratic jerk. This makes the lure look injured and it also triggers a great deal of reaction strikes.

Another of my favorites techniques is one i'm sure many of you use. It is simply burning a spinnerbait over weed tops in mid-Summer. I like to make the blades penetrate the surface of the water from time to time adn almost fish it like a topwter.

Finally, one you probably haven't really given a try is going to a weed bed that has weed tops that are about 4 ft under the surface of the water. Cast the spinnerbait out, and let it fall to the bottom. Then start reeling, as soon as you hit weeds, really jerk it hard and rip it out of there. Repeat this process for the entire cast......Many people do this with cranks, but I think it is even more effective with spinnerbaits.

Well, I thought that might help some of you fish better this year. If anyone wants to add to this, I am, by no means, an expert spinnerbaiter so any extra comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Enjoy

Catch em up
Brian
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-05, 11:37 AM   #2
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Re: Spinnerbait Tricks

Good tips TT. Another one when fishing spinners with the R bend is to put a piece of tubing on before you would either tie on or use a swivel/clip. The tubing helps keep the spinnerbait from being completely bent out, which makes them last longer. It also is a great way when using clip/swivels to keep the swivel in place instead of moving around on the bait.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.