Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-07, 12:34 AM   #1
InEccess
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via ICQ to InEccess
Default Rapala Spinnerbaits

Rapala aquired the Terminator brand of spinnerbaits. Now, will they just remake the spinnerbaits to bring them up to the Rapala standard, or will they just continue production as is, and make money off the brand?

I always liked the action of the Terminator spinnerbaits. The compact size and greater weight ment smaller sizes and longer casts. What do you feel about this aquisition, and what will this mean for Terminator Spinnerbaits?
Old 01-25-07, 08:36 AM   #2
bubba bass bigfoot

i think its cool, im a huge Rapala fan, you know they make bluefox.. never tried bluefox but they look ok.
bubba bass bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-07, 10:37 AM   #3
InEccess

Send a message via ICQ to InEccess

I used to use the Blue Fox inline spinners when I was fishing for trout. Very nice baits, but I still caught more fish on the Rooster Tails. I was just wondering if they'd still have the Terminator Brand name, or if Rapala was going to redesign them and re-release them under the Rapala name.
Old 01-25-07, 11:59 AM   #4
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Only time will tell, but it will obviously be based on sales/profits. Whichever way they believe will make them more money, in both the short term and long term, will be what they decide to do with them. I also like the terminator brand, but quit worrying about brands of spinnerbaits. Too many good ones, and the cheap ones work too LOL.

Lizards

Last edited by lizardsrule; 01-25-07 at 04:55 PM.
lizardsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-07, 02:35 PM   #5
Raul
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Normark group owner of the Rapala brand most probably will not re-name the brand. They didnīt do it when they bought Blue Fox nor when they bought Storm. Actually, none of the monster conglomerates has ever renamed a brand they have purchased.

PureFishing owns: Fenwick, Berkley, Stren, Abu Garcia, Mitchell, 7 Strand, Johnson ( tackle ) and Spider.

PRADCO owns: Riverside, Silver Thread, Smithwick, Cotton Cordell, Heddon, Creek Chub, Fred Arbogast, Rebel, Bomber, Lazy Ike, Xcalibur, Booyah and Yum.

The brand name is a valuable asset and sometimes itīs the only asset worth taken in consideration when they purchase a company.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-07, 05:03 PM   #6
BassMoJo
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo

I was really discouraged when I heard this, terminator has been my # 1 catching spinner bait and jig ....I hope nothing changes !!
BassMoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-07, 08:49 PM   #7
Marty

When I started fishing, the only Rapala products I was aware of were hard baits and fillet knives. Now they're into rods, reels, line, tools and have bought Luhr-Jensen to get into spoons and the trout/salmon market and Terminator for spinnerbaits, buzzbaits and jigs.

They are obviously trying to become a one-stop shopping place for all fishing needs. Just based on recent history, I would think they're looking around for a soft plastics company, unless they want to add more plastics under the Storm brand.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-07, 12:55 PM   #8
bassnman30

Make sure that the wires in the bait are not titanium. This will cause the bait to get hung up when coming through cover. It folds up and exposes the hooks.
Old 02-01-07, 07:42 PM   #9
adamgambill

Quote:
Originally Posted by InEccess View Post
I used to use the Blue Fox inline spinners when I was fishing for trout. Very nice baits, but I still caught more fish on the Rooster Tails. I was just wondering if they'd still have the Terminator Brand name, or if Rapala was going to redesign them and re-release them under the Rapala name.
Must Agree The rooster tail is a far superior in line.
I have never bought anything from Rapala I was unhappy with, as far as lures go. Bought one of their Long Cast rods in 6'3" just because of the odd size and heavy backbone. I like their style of rod but its dang heavy.
Old 02-02-07, 03:40 AM   #10
jrward
BassFishin.Com Member

For inline spinners the rooster tail is by far the best for bass and large crappie, I use plenty of shad-raps but they can keep the spinners.
jrward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 05:45 PM   #11
adamchasejones
BassFishin.Com Member

I have caught a ton of fish off of the terminator spinnerbaits. But the split rings on em are garbage.
adamchasejones is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.