Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-05, 08:01 PM   #1
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default bassmasters classic

this weekend is the classic(as far as i know) i heard it from somebody. i havnt heard if it is or not so if anyone knows then let me know. but i heard its on lake toho in kissimmee and my dad is going to take me to the weigh in and im going to fish it after weigh in. i heard that u shouldnt fish off a dock or anything during the tourny. if this is true what is ur alls take on it
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-05, 08:05 PM   #2
flachristopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Re: bassmasters classic

Classic is: July 29-31, 2005 in Pittsburg, PA

What you are talking about is the FLW at TOHO in February.

Chip
flachristopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-05, 08:20 PM   #3
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

well whatever it is its this weekend at toho.
Old 01-25-05, 08:46 PM   #4
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

Yeah, definitely no the classic. The FLW just had its opener on kissimme though. this tournament might be FLW or somthing.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-05, 09:19 PM   #5
bruce
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bruce

The Classic will supposedly be moved to the first tournament of the year starting in 2006. That's what I heard on the fishing shows this past weekend. Bassmasters will also add about six more tournaments to the year bringing the total to 11 tourneys.

Scott
bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-05, 09:29 PM   #6
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

The opening event of the 2005 Bassmasters Tour is this week at Toho.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-05, 10:13 PM   #7
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

what is ur alls opinion on not fishing docks during the tourny
Old 01-25-05, 10:21 PM   #8
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

[quote author=bassfisher02 link=board=MessBoards;num=1106694087;start=0#6 date=01/25/05 at 20:13:07]what is ur alls opinion on not fishing docks during the tourny[/quote]

Didn't know you couldn't. Â*Any idea as to why? Â*Just speculation on my part-they might want to keep the peace so to speak after the problems with docks in the past. Didn't some lugnut throw a couple of rounds in front of Gary Klein at the Classic in New Orleans for fishing around his dock?
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-05, 11:21 PM   #9
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

reb, im pretty sure u can fish them. but alot of people say u shouldnt, like a curtious thing. sort of like a unwritten rule. i was just wondering because i really want to fish the dock the whole day but dont want to disturb any of the fisherman in the tourny
Old 01-26-05, 12:18 AM   #10
socalbasser
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to socalbasser

BF,

I think your question was misconstrued. Â*You can fish them all you like but it wouldn't be recommended. Â*I wouldn't recommend fishing the lake at all during the tournament. May help to keep you from a confrontation with someone competing for a lot of cash. Â*It's a free world and you can do as you wish but that lake will always be here. And by all means, you can fish docks and I've never heard of it being a no-no. Some people may not like you fishing their docks but it's usually because some A$$ has left a few treble hooks behind in an unwanted spot. Be curtious and don't leave hooks/tackle behind if you miss your spot and get hung up on their dock.

Skeeter
socalbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-05, 11:08 AM   #11
United_Bass_._Com
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to United_Bass_._Com

Now that ESPN is involved in bass fishing they have changed the format for BASS.

There will 11 trnys instead of 6.

Classic will be moved to the spring, so that the best lakes can be fished at the best times to fish.

The classic winner will get 1 million, instead of last yrs winner gettin about 500,000.

They are adding what they call major trnys. Kinda like the way Professional Golf does. I think it will 3 or 4 majors throughout the yr.

The prize money will be uped for the majors.

Although the spokesman for Bass says that they aren't making the changes because of the FLW, i think they are. Adding more trnys will lead to overlapping trnys between BASS and FLW. More prize money from BASS will give more incentive to fish BASS instead of FLW.

United_Bass_._Com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-05, 01:51 PM   #12
FatBass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to FatBass

I think that the Classic in 2006 is going to be moved to Feb. I think the reason behind this is that they want to wow the crowds with those big egg laden females. I don't think its good for the image of the sport and will have a negative impact on the waters. What message does that send to the non fishing public to see these guys bed fishing? I'm not against catching a fish off the beds recreationally, but in this case these beds will be pounded for 3 straight days. That's a lot of pressure from some of the most skilled anglers in the world.
FatBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-05, 03:49 PM   #13
United_Bass_._Com
BassFishin.Com Member

thats true earthworm but they would still have a trny during the spawn. It just wouldn't be the classic.
Old 01-26-05, 05:45 PM   #14
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=Skeeter link=board=MessBoards;num=1106694087;start=0#9 date=01/25/05 at 22:18:01]BF,

I think your question was misconstrued. Â*You can fish them all you like but it wouldn't be recommended. Â*I wouldn't recommend fishing the lake at all during the tournament. May help to keep you from a confrontation with someone competing for a lot of cash. Â*It's a free world and you can do as you wish but that lake will always be here. Â*And by all means, you can fish docks and I've never heard of it being a no-no. Â*Some people may not like you fishing their docks but it's usually because some A$$ has left a few treble hooks behind in an unwanted spot. Â*Be curtious and don't leave hooks/tackle behind if you miss your spot and get hung up on their dock.

Skeeter[/quote]
i know u can fish them all u want. i have a friend that lives on the lake w/ a dock that hes letting me fish. thing is he is not always there because he goes off and works in different states. thats why i want to fish it the whole day. im not a boater soi dont think it will be a problem. ill probaly fish it the whole day but if a fisherman comes over to fish it then ill reel in and wait till he leaves.
Old 01-26-05, 07:28 PM   #15
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

i fish alot of docks. if i see some one fishing from the dock i will normally skip it giving the dock a wide berth. even if you caught a monster under the dock the week before.yes i have accidently started fishing a dock that some one was fishing from. but then moved on.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-05, 08:24 PM   #16
spinnerb8

how would they qualify for the classic??the top how ever many from the year before?that wouldn't work next year because of the classic this fall. ??? ???
Old 01-26-05, 09:35 PM   #17
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466
Default Re: bassmasters classic The classic winner will ge

Quote:
The classic winner will get 1 million, instead of last yrs winner gettin about 500,000.
The winner will get $500k, and the total purse will be $1 mil.

The FLW championship paid $500k to the winner, but I think the last classic paid $200k.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-05, 06:39 PM   #18
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

what does flw stand for? im tryin to get info on the tournament and i cant find any thing. i turned the news on the other day and just missed them talkin about it
Old 01-27-05, 06:53 PM   #19
United_Bass_._Com
BassFishin.Com Member

The Tour will grow from six to 11 tournaments spread from March through September (instead of the current spring-heavy season).

The highly popular CITGO Bassmaster Elite 50 Tour has morphed into three big-time events called "Majors" (similar to the PGA's highlighted tournaments) that will be sprinkled throughout the Tour schedule. The basic Elite-50 qualification process stays intact for the Majors. The winner of each tournament will pocket a whopping $250,000.

The venerable CITGO Bassmaster Classic, the most important event in competitive bass fishing, will undergo two major changes. It will be moved to February or early March in order to launch the 2006 Tour season (a la NASCAR and its Daytona 500), as well as provide Classic contenders and fishing fans with a chance to enjoy some truly great fishing. And the total payout will jump from $700,000 to a cool $1 million — half of which goes home with the winner.

In addition to the lucrative, additional opportunities that come with the changes, the Tour overhaul achieves another goal — stability. After four years of restructuring tournament formats and qualifications, ESPN/BASS officials believe this new framework will last for the foreseeable future.

This info comes from the BASS website and you were correct Marty I must of heard it wrong.
Old 01-27-05, 07:02 PM   #20
United_Bass_._Com
BassFishin.Com Member

http://www.flwoutdoors.com/ that should tell you everything you need to know about FLW tour bassfisher

Quote:
what does flw stand for? im tryin to get info on the tournament and i cant find any thing. i turned the news on the other day and just missed them talkin about it
FLW stands for Forrest L. Wood, the legendary founder of Ranger Boats. FLW Outdoors named the tour after Wood in 1996 to honor the self-made pioneer of modern bass fishing and to lend credibility to the young tournament circuit. For more information, link to Wal-Mart FLW Tour history.
Old 01-29-05, 07:09 PM   #21
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

i went to the tournament today, they had some festivities there but not much. i brought my poles but the area was being fished everywhere on the shore. so i went to the dock i was talking about and i liked it. there was alot of under water weeds just hitting the surface. but the wind kicked up and i couldnt cast to it because it was facing the wind. i fished it for about an hour and a half. i didnt caatch anything . i didnt stay for the wiegh in because i decided to go fish a few of those smaller lakes and ponds nearby. in those ponds and lakes i caught a few bass, 3lbs being the most. it was a pretty good day. all in all it was a good day and it was better than sittin at home.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.