Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-05, 04:17 PM   #1
hope
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to hope
Default Quantum AC500PT?

Anyone own one? Have any complaints? Just picked one up. I've been a Shimano man.
hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-05, 07:16 PM   #2
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Re: Quantum AC500PT?

quantum makes a good real fairley smooth good drag set up. i like them alot i own a few-8- quatum's i just anit none to thrilled at dishing out that kind of cash for a reel.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-05, 07:39 PM   #3
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

[quote author=zooker link=board=MessBoards;num=1106594230;start=0#1 date=01/24/05 at 17:16:19]quantum makes a good real fairley smooth good drag set up. i like them alot i own a few-8- quatum's i just anit none to thrilled at dishing out that kind of cash for a reel.

zooker [/quote]

Its better than a lot of shimano or daiwa reels.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-05, 08:05 PM   #4
hope
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to hope

dishing out that much cash? BPS has online sale for $69.
hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-05, 10:56 PM   #5
ploop...BOOM
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ploop...BOOM

Hef,
I like mine. I have 1 501PT and 2 501CX. I believe the "1" is for the left handed models. The AC501PT i bought last year and love it. The other 2 quantums I love as well. Had no problems with them. Actually, just yesterday I ripped all 3 apart and put new Hot Sauce in them - they are running just as well as the day I opened the boxes. The are smooth/reliable. I paid around $90 for each over the past 2-3 years. I am rather hard on my reels and they are holding up very well. The only down side to the reels I found so far are the covers over the handle. The older 501CX has a "clip on" type of cover that pops off. The other CX and the PT have a screw on cover that I prefer. Now, if I could just get that cover to sit right on the reel handle, I'd be totally satisfied.
All in all, they have yet to let me down - knock on wood. I just picked up the BPS Bassmaster series low profile reel. Haven't used it yet, but that reel is just as smooth and the spool is just as "free" as the Quantums with 6BB. You got a good reel there - especially for $69.
-Bob
ploop...BOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-05, 11:11 PM   #6
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Hef, I haven't owned that reel, but I have owned alot of Quantum reels. The company stands behind thier products.I really like that about them, I still got a E600PT & IR400CX reel.A few Quantum tour edition rods.I don't advertise for them much but they are a mainstay in my tackle, I prefer Daiwa reels & Castaway rods, but thats just me. ;D P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.