Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-06, 10:44 PM   #1
web0433
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to web0433
Default White bass fishing

I was thinking about going white bass fishing in Fremont Ohio tomorrow. What type of hook should i use, and also minnow or worm, or even a lure? Should i use bobber or sinker? Any insight would help me. Thanks
Old 04-29-06, 11:04 PM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Those can be a lot of fun. Try shad baits-Rat-L-Traps, Silver Spoons, Tailspinners, shad swimbaits, etc. Once you find them you can really load the boat.
Old 04-29-06, 11:39 PM   #3
NCYankee
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I've only fished for them with minnows. True, once I found one, I found a hundred.
NCYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-06, 12:42 AM   #4
web0433
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to web0433

like i said what size of hook do i need if i use minnows? And do i use bobber with minnow?
Old 04-30-06, 12:56 AM   #5
Zach_BassFisherman

i fished for white bass last year in a tourney and all i used was a white spinnerbait, i caught white bass like crazy, but really once you locate them you can catch them on almost anything
Old 04-30-06, 10:05 AM   #6
Zach_BassFisherman

o sry, it doesnt really matter on the size of hook, or it doesnt for me when I fish for them, and no you do not have to use a bobber, but i recomend that you do
Old 04-30-06, 10:45 AM   #7
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I fish the freemont for walleye and also get the occasional white bass, try a white mister twister tail , 2 inch..depending on the current, you may have to adjust the size of the leadhead, 1/8th or 1/4 ounce..also note what others are using, they may be on a orange or chartruse pattern..
As rocky as the freemont is and shallow, I 'd stick to the grub, and take lots of leadheads..
We fish right there in town where the river dead ends, by the over head train tracks, is a good hole...make sure you have a ohio license. Tons of game wardens that way..good luck!...As over cast as it is today you should have some luck, however the big walleye run is probably widing down.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-06, 12:43 PM   #8
ChuckE
BassFishin.Com Member

Default White bass fishing Reply to Thread

The white bass have been pretty active on the lake I've fishedthe past couple of weeks. I've been catching most on a Rick Clunn Luckycraft .5 crankbait, in Blue Bream or Purple Shad. Cast it to rocky-sandy shorelines in 2 - 4" of water and just crank it back in.

Bass Pro has the Rick Clunns on sale right now, but they are still 10$+ online. My local Bass Pro store had a barrel full of them marked down to $5.49, so I loaded up. They went fast!

Chuck
ChuckE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-06, 05:45 PM   #9
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

A trick I've heard of, and sometimes use when the two pound class largemouth school, is to take a popper and tie about a foot and a half of mono to the rear treble, and put a small jighead ( without a skirt) on it. Then, the popper makes a commotion, and the jig catches them too. You can even dress the jig with a minnow, but there's really no need.
Old 04-30-06, 08:08 PM   #10
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

hey web,
i live in bellevue and trust me dude the white bass are SLOW right now... wait a week or so and this rain will move em up river a little more... pm me and maybe we could hit hte snadusky some time for white bass! Thanks

Ryan

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.