Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-05, 01:16 PM   #1
fisherman_craig
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fisherman_craig
Default Gulf Fishing

Hey guys
Im about to go to Gulf Shores Al. for vacation. Work sux, looking forward to it. Can yall direct me to a good site for surf fishing, or do yall have any tips?
Thanks! 8)
fisherman_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 01:49 PM   #2
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman
Default Re: Gulf Fishing

Fat and Dirty,
I don't surf fish, but if you get a chance ya might try heading back in the bay for some inshore action. It might still be a little early in the year for speckled trout or flounder, but live shrimp is sure to catch something. I think there is a peir you can use at the grand hotel in point clear, thats about 15-20 miles north of gulf shores.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 04:00 PM   #3
fisherman_craig
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fisherman_craig

what is the best way to protect my nice rod and reel from the salty elements?
fisherman_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 04:27 PM   #4
pond_hopper
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to pond_hopper

fdc, on the way to gulf shores you will go through foley...in the middle of foley you will cross hwy 98(runs e and w) if you turn onto 98 going west you will cross fish river bridge maybe 10 miles from where you turned off of 59. There is a landing there at the bridge with a pier that i hear people catch some nice reds and specs from. not sure if they are running right now as i am in MD. If you want to fish the gulf you can go to the state park and they have a nice pier also. good luck
pond_hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 05:59 PM   #5
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

the inshore fishing for reds and trout has been great. drift in flats from 3-6'. use a red/white grub on a red jig head. bounce or swim it in, its not like freshwater, so dont just let the jig sit there, its not made for that, always have it moveing wether it be slow or fast. dont be surprised if you get a few sea bass, they will be small, but are fun to catch.also atlantic sharpnose sharks have been tearing it up to. also use either a shrimp or live pinfish on a bobber, and a D.O.A shrimp either jigged, or not. im not fishing around alabama, but i have been fishing the big bend area of florida. (see my ''what a great weekend'' post in the non fishing section) it has been really fun. you might want to next time post it in the non fishing related section. but have fun, and let us know how you do.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-05, 04:11 AM   #6
okefenokee010
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to okefenokee010

As far as caring for your tackle, give them a good rinse under low pressure when you get home. If you can find some Salt-X or a similar product, let them soak in that for a bit. Then dry them off, lube them up, and you are ready to go.
okefenokee010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-05, 12:08 PM   #7
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

what we do is, while driving home, find one of those car washes that you get out and clean your car yourself. that way, you can clean the car, boat, and tackle at the same time
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.