Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-05, 01:01 AM   #1
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1
Default Check the forecast!!!

I check the weather almost every single time I go out. But this time when I went out to long lake at 5am, I forgot to check. First of all, we were fishing against the midnight bite. Secondly there was a front moving through, huge drop in air temp that really screwed up fishing. Plus rains were going to start early and be on and off all day. Immediately when we got out there, we spent time trying to catch what we thought was a bass hitting baitfish underneath an overhanging tree. Then we saw what it was. Somebody had broken a line in the water witha fluke on it and a bowfin came around early that morning and ate it and was thrashing around. So we then released the bowfin.
10 minutes later my friend caught a 2# on black jitterbug of mine(thanks liz) and we decided to move as the wind was already picking up before the sun had even risen. Fished spinnerbaits a bit and then I caught a dink on a senko. I lost another 2# ona senko 15mins later. Ad then it sucked. From the time the sun rose(and went behind the clouds) till the time we went home, not a bite. We did see some otters which was cool, had no idea they were in there.
Then we could see a big storm was brewing and decided to get going. We pulled up to the canal we launched out of and we were just baout to hop out and get the trolling motor and battery out. The land alll aroun the canal is all public property so we thought there should be no problem.... nope. Lady comes up from the house by the canal and insists we go to the public dock about 5mins away to get out even though it was obvious we were trying to get out of the storm. SO we got drenched, because that lady would not let us get out of the water real quick to avoid a thunderstorm. > We got home, looked at the weather forecast and saw that a front was blowing in with heavy winds from the north. So I learned my lesson, always check the forecast. We would've done something else if we knew. :P
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-05, 01:09 AM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: Check the forecast!!!

like mow the grass? yup...thats what i did :P mowed the grass in the rain...had to be done before i headed up north.....since we are leaving early tommorrow....today was the only time......well actually i could have done it earlier this week....but by the time i woke up each day it was rainin.....anyways.....i guess we wont be able to fish this summer then :-/ but sopunds like you had an interesting mourning fishing...i sure do wish i had a lake near my house...... :P
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-05, 11:50 AM   #3
coolman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to coolman
Default Re: Check the forecast!!!

Guys that isnt even the bad of it I had to mow like 5 yards in the rain :'( :'( :'( :'(
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.