Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-05, 07:29 PM   #1
DaiN0
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to DaiN0
Default Jay Yelas Bass Camp

Well Im heading to bass camp in tyler, tx tomorrow through sunday. Even with the hurricane coming cuz I called and they havent cancelled it. Get to fish with some pros and talk fishing with them, sound like a great experience. Dont know how much fishing we will get in before the storm but we'll see I guess. Ive been through Ivan and Dennis here on the coast so im interested to see what this hurricane will be like inland. I hope there is gas in that area too, or i may not get back home monday. Anyways Ill give yall a report and let you know how it went when I get back. Later
Old 09-21-05, 07:32 PM   #2
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Hey that sounds pretty fun man. Are you payin to go do this if so how much?
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-05, 07:34 PM   #3
Dyas
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

Hey....................... Bring back some pics. ok................. And stay safe dude and catch a biggen lol
Old 09-21-05, 07:59 PM   #4
DaiN0
BassFishin.Com Member

Yea i signed up for it in july and i had to pay a 200$ deposit to get a spot cuz they only take 60 kids ages 25 and under. this is the first annual so if its cool ill let yall know and you can try to get in next year. the total cost is $495. includes 3 meals a day and seminars and fishing and everything pretty much. I hope this hurricane goes into mexico.
Old 09-21-05, 08:00 PM   #5
454ss

I bet youll get a bunch of free stuff and get to try new baits or somethin liek that
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-05, 08:16 PM   #6
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

God knows I would love to do that lol..............
Old 09-21-05, 09:02 PM   #7
flachristopherkeene9

Man i got my summer planned out next year.

Chris
flachristopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-05, 09:19 PM   #8
thomas32140
BassFishin.Com Member

if there is a website can ya tell us? im dieing over here
thomas32140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-05, 04:24 PM   #9
DaiN0
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey fellas, sorry i havent posted sooner i just been busy since getting back. Jayyelas.com has details and he said it will be on that website about next years camp too. I had a great time. Thursday we got to meet all the pros and had dinner and a few pros talked about how they got involved in fishing and about how they became christians.(they did alot of religious based stuff in the evening and in the morning before we went fishing.) Friday morning the weather was sunny and slight breeze and i got paired with 3 other guys and ALTON JONES, so 2 of us got our own 21ft skeeter boat and we followed him and the other 2 kids to the spot and started fihsing. our group caught the most fish, and i caught the most of our group.(group had 31 and i had 13) then went back for lunch and after lunch got paired with 2 guys and TODD FAIRCLOTH. the weather became overcast and windy. i started with todd by myself and we both caught 2. then we switched and i was in the other boat by myself and caught 3 more including a 6lb (biggest of the camp) and they caught 2 small fish. so that night went back and couple more pros did their speech. Saturday the weather due to hurricane was too bad so the pros did seminars about their top technique (mark davis and EE did cranks, David dudley and dustin wilks did topwater, todd faircloth, alton jones did flipping and pitching) then we had a flipping and pitching contest. that night we had the last of the pros do thier speech and some live christian music which i slept through. Then fri morning we had a tournament (most inches) it was sunny and breezy, and i got paired with 3 guys and MARK DAVIS and our group finished 2nd, shoulda been 1st but i lost 3 4lb+ fish on my spinnerbait just coulndt keep em hooked. Mark Kile's group won cuz they were on an area where the whole boat was throwing spinnerbaits and catching them all morning. Then a few guys didnt have rides to the airport so i ended up driving david dudley and dustin wilks back to shreveport. All the pros were great guys and very informative. I learned the most from alton jones i would say, he was very personal and very knowlegeable. i outfished every pro i was paired with except mark davis cuz i had a bad morning. but overall i would say it was a good time and Id be willing to go back next year.
Old 10-01-05, 04:27 PM   #10
Fishie

Sounds like a blast. Way to out fish those guys.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.