Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 04-15-05, 03:59 AM   #1
Jeff
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Jeff
Default Weightless worms.

When I fish worms or other soft plastics,I usually fish them weightless or very close to it and use them as jerkbaits.I get the depth i want by matching the weight of the bait and the weight of the hook.
For adding enough weight to get even more depth but still get the same action,I use the Daiichi "Butt dragger"

http://www.daiichihooks.com/products/butt_dragger.html

I seldom Texas or Carolina rig because I tend to accomplish the same thing w/ a jig and trailer.
I will rig a dropshot from time to time though.

anyone else do this?
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-05, 07:44 AM   #2
mblk181
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mblk181
Default Re: Weightless worms.

Yes..... Â*I use weightless worms for slow falling. Â*At first I just used the 4 inch tail less worms, (no hook or ribbon tail), but soon learned by moving the hook toward the rear of the worm, you could find the balance point of the tailed worms as well, and they would no longer nose down and plummet, but acquire a very slow wafting fall. Â*For the last couple of years, I use the zoom speedworm bodies in watermelon/red texposed on a 2/0 hook for slow falling......casts like a bullet, skips well and can be wacky rigged and fished that way as well. Â*If your boat is drifting too rapidly in the wind, use a small 3/8 inch piece of finishing nail inserted into the skin near the hookpoint for weight, also gives a rolling action on the way down.....
mblk181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-05, 08:04 AM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Weightless plastics is my #1 way to fish usually. I prefer a Lizard or Pulse worm, because of the action, and vibrations they give off. I use it as a jerk bait also, but will also deadstick it, and use a slow steady retrieve. SOOOOO many different ways to work them

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-05, 10:10 AM   #4
IL.bassin36
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin36

I do that with Senkos and Flippin' Tubes, haven't tried it much with others.
IL.bassin36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-05, 08:40 PM   #5
Carolina_Chip
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have been using weightless worms as well as my 11 year old son. We just cast them out and reel them in slowly, give them a few jerks and they have been working rather good. I caught a 5-7 pounder rigged drop shot. I take turns either way . Good luck

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.